Old September 2nd 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Weller EC-2002-A

It really depends upon the control board that you have in the unit.

The later EC2002 models were a completely different animal - and had a
microprocessor control (pic?) that could be programmed by an external
programmer (expensive) - for set-back , specific temperature, etc.

This was used extensively for EC2002 stations used in production / assembly
lines (strict control of iron temperature and tip profiles).

This is covered in the EC2002 manuals -- for these later models

Here is the manual on BAMA (you may wish to try mirror site for downloads)
http://bama.sbc.edu/weller.htm

Greg

==================================

From: **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** blank
Subject: Weller Tech Sheets
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:23:33 GMT

Do you have any tips on fixing a Weller EC-2002-A? It still regulates
and heats, but the temperature display is dead. When first turned on it
flashes "FFF" for a split second. I think maybe bad filter capacitor or
something. Any thoughts on fixing? This is a nice unit I had just bought
spare iron and tips for it. Tried another iron, and also measured proper
resistance on the thermistor.

Old September 7th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On one I had there is a 10mf-25v cap that was leake and it didn't allow
the display to work. This cap is in a circuit to produce a neg. voltage
off one on the rectifier diodes.
Thanks Dick wb7vyn

From: **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** blank
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:23:33 GMT

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Weller parts closeout Washington DC area gb Homebrew 0 January 2nd 06 07:07 PM
FS: High Power 10M radio's, no licence required!! Hams are Gay CB 5 December 6th 04 11:27 PM
Sony ICF 2002 starman Shortwave 5 July 16th 04 01:12 AM
Weller TC-201P & later irons G.Beat Homebrew 4 December 22nd 03 01:34 PM
Weller TC-201P & later irons G.Beat Homebrew 0 December 21st 03 10:24 PM