Old September 23rd 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default OT - Knight KG-687 Sweep Generator

Good morning all. I picked up a sweep generator at a local ham fest. A
Knight KG-687 Sweep Generator. I figure that I would give it a try for some
tough alignments beloved tube type equipment (e.g.. Hammarlund HX50
Transmitter). http://www.ppinyot.com/hammarlund.htm Restoring and aligning
this beast is kicking my butt. Getting the RF amplifier and mixer stages
balance ("linearized" or leveled across the dial) over the US allowable BW
is very difficult. I am hoping a sweeper can aid me in this effort.

So I went and bought my self two sweepers. The above referenced Knight and
an EICO. Both have identical control ranges and functions. But no
schematics. Only a Knight Ops manual.

Any help would be appreciated. The Knight is not on BAMA (unless I missed
something).

Thanks,
Paul P.