Old September 26th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default SMD

Hi all, could some kind soul please help me !!

I live in the uk, looking to buy small amounts of SMD, ie

Resistors/capacitors etc Local (UK) if possible !

TIA
Tony

Old September 26th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

tony.swanborough wrote:
Hi all, could some kind soul please help me !!

I live in the uk, looking to buy small amounts of SMD, ie

Resistors/capacitors etc Local (UK) if possible !
============================

Suggest you check with :

www.jabdog.com Birminham -UK

www.modecomponents.co.uk Birmingham -UK

www.bowood-electronics.co.uk Baslow -Derbyshire -UK

Good Luck

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH
Old September 26th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

tony.swanborough wrote:
Hi all, could some kind soul please help me !!

I live in the uk, looking to buy small amounts of SMD, ie

Resistors/capacitors etc Local (UK) if possible !

TIA
Tony

Rapid Electronics, Farnell and RS.

Leon

Old October 3rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

tony.swanborough wrote:

Hi all, could some kind soul please help me !!

I live in the uk, looking to buy small amounts of SMD, ie

Resistors/capacitors etc Local (UK) if possible !

TIA
Tony

Tony,

If I'm in a hurry, I order SMD's from Farnell.

For "planned" homebrews, I order SMD combo packs from Chinese E-Bay traders.
You can find 5000 assorted and bagged resistors and 3000 ditto capacitors
for less than £10 incl p&p. Look for "SMD resistors" on e-bay.

I even buy more expensive SMD'parts on E-bay and you can find real SMD
bargains. Many SMD components have a "best before" date with less than a
year solder warranty from the suppliers. It basically means that they
doesn't guarantee the components if machine soldered. As an example, I
bought 100 pcs of 33.333MHz SMD oscillators for 99 pence plus £2 p&p.
That's less than 1 pence per oscillator! ( plus p&p )

Guess why a lot of my designs currently are based around 33.333 MHz Epson
oscillators...

Buying SMD oscillators on lower freqs are normally around £3 to £7 each.

Cheers

Dan / M0DFI
Old October 4th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

ROTFLMAO - I had to share this

I took a peek on Bay and the first interesting I ran across was from a
British supplier (I'm in the U.S.) There was a link that stated that the
translation was provided by eBay and might not be accurate. So I clicked on
the link and read it in the original English! I'm not so sure what they
translated since the word colour never appeared.