RadioBanter

-   -   Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/107978-anderson-powerpoles-front-panel.html)

Al Lorona October 27th 06 12:03 AM

Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

Hi, Everybody,

I am interested to hear how you have solved the problem of panel-mounting
Anderson Powerpole connectors.

I have already ruled out the Anderson 4-pole "Powerpole Pak" connectors. Too
bulky. Don't need four. Just need two. I know about these. I am interested
in other solutions.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Al W6LX

Scott October 27th 06 11:54 AM

Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

Can you cut a rectangular hole in the panel, slip the Powerpole
connector through (far enough so you can connect its mating plug) and
use a glob of epoxy on the back side to hold the plug to the backside of
the panel?

Scott
N0EDV

Fred McKenzie October 29th 06 01:47 AM

Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

In article ,
"Al Lorona" wrote:

I am interested to hear how you have solved the problem of panel-mounting
Anderson Powerpole connectors.

Al-

I don't recall where I saw it, but there was an article about using the
connectors that West Mountain Radio uses in their RigRunners. As I
recall, the pair were soldered to a small circuit board and mounted
behind a cut-out in the panel. If you can look at one of the
RigRunners, it should be possible to figure out how to do it. The only
problem is finding that version of the connectors. I'd try West
Mountain Radio first.

I understand at least one Ham transceiver has been produced, possibly a
Yaesu, with the pair mounted on the rear panel.

73,
Fred
K4DII

jawod October 29th 06 06:16 PM

Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

I understand at least one Ham transceiver has been produced, possibly a
Yaesu, with the pair mounted on the rear panel.

73,
Fred
K4DII

Elecraft K2/100 has power pole connectors on the rear panel. There are
probably pix on their website...just google elecraft.

John
AB8O

James Philopena November 4th 06 09:43 PM

Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

Cut the hole in the panel. In the hole where the roll pin goes to join them
together, punch out the roll pin and using a right angle (small aluminum
angle stock works good) bracket on the panel rear and screw through the
rollpin hole. Another screw through the panel. Viola...

KB1NXE