Old October 27th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

Hi, Everybody,

I am interested to hear how you have solved the problem of panel-mounting
Anderson Powerpole connectors.

I have already ruled out the Anderson 4-pole "Powerpole Pak" connectors. Too
bulky. Don't need four. Just need two. I know about these. I am interested
in other solutions.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Al W6LX

Old October 27th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Can you cut a rectangular hole in the panel, slip the Powerpole
connector through (far enough so you can connect its mating plug) and
use a glob of epoxy on the back side to hold the plug to the backside of
the panel?

Scott
N0EDV

Old October 29th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In article ,
"Al Lorona" wrote:

I am interested to hear how you have solved the problem of panel-mounting
Anderson Powerpole connectors.

Al-

I don't recall where I saw it, but there was an article about using the
connectors that West Mountain Radio uses in their RigRunners. As I
recall, the pair were soldered to a small circuit board and mounted
behind a cut-out in the panel. If you can look at one of the
RigRunners, it should be possible to figure out how to do it. The only
problem is finding that version of the connectors. I'd try West
Mountain Radio first.

I understand at least one Ham transceiver has been produced, possibly a
Yaesu, with the pair mounted on the rear panel.

73,
Fred
K4DII
Old October 29th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I understand at least one Ham transceiver has been produced, possibly a
Yaesu, with the pair mounted on the rear panel.

73,
Fred
K4DII

Elecraft K2/100 has power pole connectors on the rear panel. There are
probably pix on their website...just google elecraft.

John
AB8O
Old November 4th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Cut the hole in the panel. In the hole where the roll pin goes to join them
together, punch out the roll pin and using a right angle (small aluminum
angle stock works good) bracket on the panel rear and screw through the
rollpin hole. Another screw through the panel. Viola...

KB1NXE

"Al Lorona" wrote in message
Hi, Everybody,

I am interested to hear how you have solved the problem of panel-mounting
Anderson Powerpole connectors.

I have already ruled out the Anderson 4-pole "Powerpole Pak" connectors.
Too
bulky. Don't need four. Just need two. I know about these. I am interested
in other solutions.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Al W6LX

FT-8900--How to Remove Remote Front Panel? Comcast Giganews Equipment 4 November 20th 11 04:28 PM
WTB: TM-732A Front Panel AL G. Swap 0 January 16th 05 02:45 AM
WTB- front panel (faceplate) for National NC-270 EZela57383 Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 12:55 AM
Repairing hole in front panel Space Charge Boatanchors 3 August 9th 03 07:39 PM
WTB: Regency front panel UHF or VHF 1RTBee Swap 0 July 19th 03 09:42 PM