Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 21st 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Intersil CA3162E/CA3161E A/D BCD/7Segment problem Weller SolderingStation

Subject: Intersil CA3162E/CA3161E A/D BCD/7Segment problem Weller
Soldering Station

Hi
I am trying to fil my Weller soldering station which has lost its
temperature readout. This particular model has the Intersil
CA3162E/CA3161E A/D and BCD/7Segment chips. When first turned on the
display flashes "EEE" and then goes blank. I shotgunned the repair by
replacing the filter caps in the power supply and though I had it fixed
but it is back to same problem.

In reading the Intersil application notes for the A/D convertor I don't
see a logical mode where EEE would be displayed

Does anyone have advice for troubleshooting this configuration?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P