Old November 24th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default NEW HOBBY TYPE SWAP AND SHOP and its really unique

Hello: Earl Andrews VE3AB here. I have created a fledgling Swap and
Shop Web Site for hobby people such as myself and your selves. A
typical Ad is only 1 dollar per month! You can have
as many graphic files as you want displaying what it is you want to
sell or what you want to buy.
FOR HOMEBREWERS of ham stuff (like myself)..good way to buy and sell
those small parts at a real inexpensive cost. See the ham pages on my
site.
Lots of good Homebrew stuff there as well.
You don't have to pay anything unless your items are sold or you get
the item. No PAY PAL or credit cards. Pay me by cheque or even send me
postage stamps for me to use in the amount of
$1.00 or what ever. This is my SMALL BUSINESS Venture. Help a chap get
established in the business world today by taking out an ad or two. A
full length web page will only cost you $20.00
I use the Yahoo Small Business Software and full fledged Norton
Internet Security to safeguard my system. I'll even act as your agent
to protect your email from those who are scanning the WEB to
scoop up email addresses. Cost of the ad doubles in this case. The URL
is http://www.earlandrews.com (I reserve the right to screen the ad to
make sure it is appropriate for this little swap and shop. Cheers and
73 Earl VE3AB

Old November 24th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hello: Earl Andrews VE3AB here. I have created a fledgling Swap and
Shop Web Site for hobby people such as myself and your selves. A
typical Ad is only 1 dollar per month!

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

A typical ad on rec.radio.swap is free! As is www.eham.net and
www.qth.com

It's not a bad idea, but I'd suggest you aim toward another market.
Ham radio ain't it.

Bill, W6WRT
Old November 28th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
A typical ad on rec.radio.swap is free! As is www.eham.net and
www.qth.com

Yeah, but I bet that there are hundreds or thousands of times more parts sold
on eBay than eHam & QTH combined... (and of course eBay isn't free) -- There's
definite value in a large selection and easy search/sorting functionality.

It's not a bad idea, but I'd suggest you aim toward another market.
Ham radio ain't it.

I doubt he'll make enough money to cover his web hosting services bill any
time soon. :-)

Old November 28th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:21:18 -0800, Joel Kolstad wrote:
"Bill Turner" wrote in message
A typical ad on rec.radio.swap is free! As is www.eham.net and
www.qth.com

Yeah, but I bet that there are hundreds or thousands of times more parts sold
on eBay than eHam & QTH combined... (and of course eBay isn't free) -- There's
definite value in a large selection and easy search/sorting functionality.

It's not a bad idea, but I'd suggest you aim toward another market.
Ham radio ain't it.

I doubt he'll make enough money to cover his web hosting services bill any
time soon. :-)

I doubt if he'll read _any_ followups to his drive-by spam posting(s)