Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 11th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Converting AM Car Radio to Shortwave

All right, I think I might have found the proper place to ask about
this. Back in the 90's when GEnie was still around, they had plans to
convert old AM car radios to shortwave receivers. My old Franklin ACE
500 computer wasn't capable of interpreting the file at the time, so I
didn't get to download it. I'm hoping someone here might know where I
could get the instructions.

I know, I could just get off my lazy ass, get an ARRL manual and figure
it out for myself, but if there's an easier option, I'd like to go for
it. All I'm looking for is something that will pick up broadcasts
between upper AM and the scanner frequencies.

By the way, my hotmail account isn't working, so emailing me won't do
any good. Please post where I can find what I'm looking for here.
Thanks.

Ralph Glatt