Old January 31st 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gus Gus is offline

Default Cutis Keyer CK-200 Vectronics Schematic Request

I may have to go into my CK-200 to modify it to work with a keyer i
have. I would GREATLY (PLEASE!!!!) appreciate if someone could post a
schematic of this little puppy.. IF someone could help, i would be so
indebted.

Gus Rego

Cutis Keyer CK-200 Vectronics Schematic Request

Old January 31st 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

The CK-200 Keyer features a Curtis 8044 ABM Keyer Chip with adjustable
weight and tone, volume and speed controls, and dot-dash memories

The CK-200 manual (Adobe Acrobat) on the Vectronics web site -- is DAMAGED.
Please contact Vectronics directly concerning this issue.
http://www.vectronics.com/manuals.php

eHam.net reviews of CK-200
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1131

Here is the 8044 Application Notes - by John Curtis (circa 1992)
This should get you 90% there - since most designs were based upon John's
notes!
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~malcolm/radio/8044screen.pdf

8044ABM. This final keyer chip was introduced in the spring of 1986.
It incorporated selectable A or B modes and the speed meter.
This truly was a top of the line chip, and became an industry standard.
However, as microcontrollers debuted in the '80s and PIC processors in
1990s -
the Curtis chips were no longer in demand. John stopped selling them.
MFJ / Vectronics purchased the 8044 line and now offers an improved 8045ABM.
Curtis ceased operations April 1, 2000.
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...did=CK-8045ABM

CK-8045ABM manual and technical sheet
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/CK-8045ABM.pdf

History of Curtis Keyers
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2002/02/04/2/?nc=1

w9gb

oups.com...

Old January 31st 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

CORRECTION, the CK-200 uses the currently avaialble 8045ABM chip (28-pin)

The CK-200 Keyer features a Curtis 8045 ABM Keyer Chip with adjustable
weight and tone, volume and speed controls, and dot-dash memories

MFJ offers the improved 8045ABM
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...did=CK-8045ABM

CK-8045ABM manual and Technical Application Notes
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/CK-8045ABM.pdf

w9gb

oups.com...

Old January 31st 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gus Gus is offline

Thanks So much for your post. A lot of this info will come in handy..

Thanks again.

Gus Rego