Old February 23rd 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Dish Network "500" dish with two LNBs

I just got a Dish Network "500" dish with two LNBs, mounting hardware,
and the in-home receiver.

Anyone got anything on converting these to UHF-and-above amateur
operations? Pointers on groups and/or lists? All information and
pointers gratefully accepted.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin
Old February 23rd 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

http://www.geocities.com/PatBillDavis/10GhzGear.html

Most of us convert them to 10GHz. They are too small to be very useful
at UHF. Plus, the DSS Feedhorn is easily modifed to 10 GHz by boring it
out to 0.75 inch and add an SMA connector as a probe to excite the
waveguide. See above webpage for a short tutorial.

Groups that do 10 GHz construction and contesting:

http://www.nlrs.org
http://www.cvvhf.org

Scott
N0EDV

Old February 23rd 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Mike Andrews wrote:

I just got a Dish Network "500" dish with two LNBs, mounting hardware,
and the in-home receiver.

Anyone got anything on converting these to UHF-and-above amateur
operations? Pointers on groups and/or lists? All information and
pointers gratefully accepted.

Thanks _very_ much. I see some construction in my future,

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin
Old February 23rd 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

The good news is that converting them for 10 GHz is pretty easy! Now I
suppose you'll want to get some 10 GHz equipment. I can help you there
as well... http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/

Happy homebrewing!

Scott
N0EDV

Old February 23rd 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

You also might want to look at the San Bernardino Microwave Society web
site he

www.ham-radio.com/sbms

Erich
KA6AMD