Old August 6th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default USB (the other one!) A2D converters?

On Aug 5, 9:04 pm, Cheemag wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:27:19 -0700, bigorangebus
wrote:

I received both the boards I ordered from Mirrorbow in a few days and
all my email enquiries were answered extremely quickly and
thoroughly. I guess they are not a multinational, and Ive never had
cause to ring them. However, payment is via Palpal which I believe
offer a degree of protection anyway. My invoice on delivery had their
address on it.

There are lots of companies online that dont show addresses or phone
numbers online, so I cant believe it is illegal not listing them!
Otherwise all those webspace providers would be breaking the rules!

I understand that the law in the UK requires that they show at
least an address and telephone number if the website is located
here.

--

73, Jim, G4RGA

Rally Info:http://www.g4rga.org.uk

I didnt imagine putting this very helpful company in my post was going
to create so many problems and I feel a bit guilty now!
I found this on the web:
***************************************
According to Outlaw, the following is the minimum information that
must be on any company's website.

* The name, geographic address and email address of the service
provider. The name of the organisation with which the customer is
contracting must be given. This might differ from the trading name.
Any such difference should be explained ??? e.g. "XYZ.com is the
trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited."

It is not sufficient to include a 'contact us' form without also
providing an email address and geographic address somewhere easily
accessible on the site. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a
geographic address; but a registered office address would. If the
business is a company, the registered office address must be
included.

I sent it to mirrorbow and they said they would put an address up on
the contact page http://www.mirrorbow.com/contact.htm so it should be
there by the time people read this. The company is privately owned
and does not have directors apparently, and they said that they didnt
post an address as they do not have the facilities to receive
customers.

I would recommend you email the mirrorbow guys and ask you're
technical questions before ordering. I was impressed by the friendly
help I received.

Old August 6th 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Aug 6, 5:40 pm, "Paul" wrote:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2fbnzy

That applies to limited companies and partnerships. Not sole trader
concerns.

Yes - I'm not aware of any equivalent regulations apply to sole
traders or partnerships (other than limited liability partnerships -
LLPs).

David

Old September 18th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

--
Via: http://www.jumlers.com/rec.radio.amateur.homebrew/

If I can throw in my two-penny-worth...

I have dealt with Mirrorbow Electronics, purchased their USB IO
board and it does exactly as advertised. their technical support is
100%, delivery is very quick and overall service is second to none!
I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. I only wish
some other companies would take a leaf out of Mirrorbows book for
customer service!

Off my soap box now...

73s, Jason G7KPM