Old January 28th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Intermittent raspy signals on ICOM 735 ?

I have a problem with my ICOM 735 transceiver. It has done me well for 23
years now, but just recently I have noticed raspy CW and SSB signals on
receive, on an intermittent basis. This problem comes and goes, often in
long intervals and does not seem to be affected by temperature. It sounds
simply like an unclean signal with a raspy note on top of it. I am so far
unable to determine if this affects my transmit signal or not, I did get a
poor report once during this condition, but during another transmission at
another time I did not. I have the complete service manual for this rig,
but am a bit unsure where to start.

Any ideas appreciated.

Larry VE7EA
Old January 28th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
No Name

Larry Gagnon wrote:

I have a problem with my ICOM 735 transceiver. It has done me well for 23
years now, but just recently I have noticed raspy CW and SSB signals on
receive, on an intermittent basis. This problem comes and goes, often in
long intervals and does not seem to be affected by temperature. It sounds
simply like an unclean signal with a raspy note on top of it. I am so far
unable to determine if this affects my transmit signal or not, I did get a
poor report once during this condition, but during another transmission at
another time I did not. I have the complete service manual for this rig,
but am a bit unsure where to start.

Any ideas appreciated.

Probably you have to replace plastic trimmer capacitors C37, C45, C52, C59 and C138.
Go to www.icomamerica.com/en/support/default.aspx

Mike