Old April 23rd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default 4CX1500B

Would some kind soul that actually knows/uses one of these, please identify
the filament ring and the filament/cathode ring.

MNI Tnx

W4ZCB

Old April 23rd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Harold E. Johnson" wrote in message
Would some kind soul that actually knows/uses one of these, please
identify the filament ring and the filament/cathode ring.

MNI Tnx

W4ZCB

Bottom - - Heater
Next up - - Heater and cathode
Next up - - Grid
Next up - - Screen

Old April 23rd 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"K4ERG" wrote in message
. ..

Bottom - - Heater
Next up - - Heater and cathode
Next up - - Grid
Next up - - Screen

Ah! Bless you "Erg". The ONLY thing I could find was as you state for a very
old (45 years) copy of a 4CX1000 data sheet. Even Google was befuddled.

It makes sense to me (And to the builder of the not quite finished amplifier
that I inherited) that Eimac would put the lowest potential terminal at the
bottom. And then proceed to the screen. Obviously, they had something else
in mind.

Wired with the bottom ring to ground, making the cathode 6 Volts AC above
ground gives rated power out, but about 200 Watts of it was 60 Hz hum. The
task of making the change is pretty daunting. Not impossible, just daunting,
and I wanted to make certain that this was where my hum was coming from (31
Volts of bias, ~25 of DC and 6 of AC) before I removed half the amplifier to
get the sub-chassis out.

Tnx again.
W4ZCB

4CX1500B Harold E. Johnson Equipment 0 April 23rd 08 03:31 PM
Need socket pinout on 4CX1500B Tube Jim[_7_] Homebrew 4 April 4th 08 09:22 PM
4CX1500B Plate Voltages SSB/CW-RTTY Jim[_7_] Homebrew 3 March 19th 08 10:10 PM
Help on 4CX1500B Data Caveat Lector Homebrew 3 August 25th 05 05:49 PM