Old June 15th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default teflon wire

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length.
Anyone out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? Thanks all.

gary
Old June 15th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Gary" wrote in message

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length. Anyone out
there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? Thanks all.

gary

If you could get by with a smaller wire, like AWG 24 or so, you can find loads
of that stuff in Cat-5 cable. Just strip off the outer jacket and untwist the
pairs. Pretty cheap too. Don't know the voltage rating of the individual wires,
though.
Alltronics (http://www.alltronics.com) sells by the foot, although they have a
25 ft minimum. Seems the only color they have in stock is red.
Surplus Sales (http://www.surplussales.com/wire-cable/Wire4.html) has it in
stock. again, 25 ft minimum.
Action Electronics seems to have the best color selection
(http://www.action-electronics.com/ntehuwt.htm#20)
Amp Builders Parts
(http://ampbuildersparts.com/store/in...index&cPath=34) also...
100 ft spools, but better price.

Hope you can find what you need from one of those links.

Cheers!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want

Old June 15th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

DaveM wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message

[...]

I have plenty of #22 stranded teflon wire if this will work for you. I
have black and white. How much do you need? It's yours for the asking
if you only need something like 20 or 25 feet or so. Send me a postal
address or callsign I can look up in qrz.com and I send you some if you
can use it. acepilot at bloomer dot net.

Scott
N0EDV
Old June 15th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Gary" wrote in message

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length. Anyone
out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? Thanks all.

gary

What color do you need? I have some short lengths in stock
of various colors, including some striped stuff. Give me an
address and I'll send you some for the price of the postage.
I'm not sure it is exactly 20 gauge, but it is stranded and darn
close to that size.

Let me know. My email is radioconnection (at) juno (dot) com.
I'll get it out to you if you wish. Send back the postage if you're
happy afterwards.

Pete k1zjh

Old June 16th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jun 15, 3:15*pm, "Tio Pedro" wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length. Anyone
out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? *Thanks all.

gary

What color do you need? *I have some short lengths in stock
*of various colors, including some striped stuff. *Give me an
address and I'll send you some for the price of the postage.
I'm not sure it is exactly 20 gauge, but it is stranded and darn
close to that size.

Let me know. My email is radioconnection (at) juno (dot) com.
I'll get it out to you if you wish. Send back the postage if you're
happy afterwards.

Pete k1zjh

Question: Why teflon. Heat rating? Or high voltage insulation rating?
Just curious and willing to learn something! TIA terry

Old June 16th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jun 14, 9:44*pm, Gary wrote:
Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length.
Anyone out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? *Thanks all.

gary

There are a number of guys on E-bay who sell short (5, 10, 50 ft)
lengths of teflon hookup wire, usually the good silver-plated stranded
stuff (although some oddball types like solid silver occasionally show
up too!). Their main market seems to be audiophile amp builders.

CAT5E teflon wire has 24AWG conductors.

McMaster-Carr will sell you teflon tubing (no wire inside) by the
foot. Add your own wire!

Tim.
Old June 17th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:44:04 -0700, Gary wrote:

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length.
Anyone out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? Thanks all.

gary

www.apexjr.com

Cheers!

Old June 17th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

http://www.rfparts.com/combiner.html#special
Old June 21st 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Gary" wrote in message

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length. Anyone
out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? Thanks all.

gary

I wish you'd respond to the question of how many feet you
need. I received your email, but you never answered the
question of how many feet a "short length" consists of.

Old June 22nd 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Tio Pedro wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message

Looking for #20 teflon wire and of course need only a short length. Anyone
out there have a favorite wire distributor who takes pity on us
homebrew types and sells by the foot?? Thanks all.

gary

I wish you'd respond to the question of how many feet you
need. I received your email, but you never answered the
question of how many feet a "short length" consists of.

Hi Tio,

Thanks very much for your offer. Pse contact me off list @
.

Gary

FS Teflon wire James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 26th 05 10:50 PM
FS Teflon wire James Skalski Swap 0 April 26th 05 10:50 PM
FS Teflon wire James Skalski Swap 0 September 23rd 04 07:11 PM
FS Teflon wire James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 15th 04 11:21 PM
FS Teflon wire James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 15th 04 11:21 PM