Old September 21st 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Needed: Cinch 10 pin female socket

For my power supply which feeds my Gonset G-76.
Appears that the last owner either removed the plastic pin retainer or
it fell out.
Now, there is nothing to support these female pins from wobbling
around & connector from falling off with poor connections to boot.

The Cinch/Jones model number is S-310-CCT-K
Any help will be apprechiated in getting this rig back on the air.

Need NOT be new.
Regard/73.....
Rich WA2RQY
Old September 21st 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wa2rqy wrote:
For my power supply which feeds my Gonset G-76.
Appears that the last owner either removed the plastic pin retainer or
it fell out.
Now, there is nothing to support these female pins from wobbling
around & connector from falling off with poor connections to boot.

The Cinch/Jones model number is S-310-CCT-K
Any help will be apprechiated in getting this rig back on the air.

Need NOT be new.
Regard/73.....
Rich WA2RQY

I searched on Mouser Electronics website. Says the part is obsolete,
but they have a link under the "Quote" section, so maybe they have some
available???

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....user_Wildcards

Digikey lists the part, but shows a quantity of zero...

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=CJ210S-ND

One last ditch effort...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

Good luck with the search...this may be a tough one

Scott
N0EDV
Old September 22nd 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi,

Just the pin or the cap?

I use finishing nails for the pins as I usually break them getting them
out :-\

If it's the little inner plastic cap thing, heatshrink tubing is a nice
fix.

Cheers.
__
Gregg

Old September 26th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:49:49 -0700 (PDT), wa2rqy
wrote:

For my power supply which feeds my Gonset G-76.
Appears that the last owner either removed the plastic pin retainer or
it fell out.
Now, there is nothing to support these female pins from wobbling
around & connector from falling off with poor connections to boot.

The Cinch/Jones model number is S-310-CCT-K
Any help will be apprechiated in getting this rig back on the air.

Need NOT be new.
Regard/73.....
Rich WA2RQY

Rich
Try this company.
I have purchased some Cinch/Jones items from them in the past.
Dave

Elliot Electronic Supply
Company Overview
Diodes, Sealed Lead Acid Batteries, Cases, Chemicals, Radio Frequency
(RF) Connectors, Fuses, Integrated Circuits (IC), Alternating Current
(AC) Power Supplies, Direct Current (DC) Power Supplies, Power
Supplies, Relays, Latching Relays, Discrete Semiconductors,
Transistors, Plug In Transformers available from Elliot Electronic
Supply based in Tucson, AZ. Click the links below to visit our website
or contact us via our profile page.

Contact Details
Elliot Electronic Supply
Address: 1251 S Tyndall Avenue, Tucson, Arizona (AZ), 85713, USA
Tel: work 520 884 7394
Fax: fax 520 884 7398

Old September 27th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I used to make a living selling Cinch connectors.
That part number is for a 10 pin female so any
Cinch number that begins with S-310 can be used
the suffix letters indicate the mount or shell style.
The numbers I remember off the top of my head:

S-310-AB
S-310-SB
S-310-CCE

The SB and AB are chassis mount the rivets can
be taken out and then the socket can be used in
a CCT or CCE style.

the S-310-CCT-K is a locking shell style. With
little clips on the sides to lock the socket in
place to it won't come out.

73 OM

n8zu

Old September 28th 08, 10:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 21, 3:49 am, wa2rqy wrote:
For my power supply which feeds my Gonset G-76.
Appears that the last owner either removed the plastic pin retainer or
it fell out.
Now, there is nothing to support these female pins from wobbling
around & connector from falling off with poor connections to boot.

The Cinch/Jones model number is S-310-CCT-K
Any help will be apprechiated in getting this rig back on the air.

Need NOT be new.
Regard/73.....
Rich WA2RQY

Try www.electronicplus.com

they show s-310-cct but not -k

regards Revtex (non Ham)
Old September 28th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 20, 10:49 pm, wa2rqy wrote:
For my power supply which feeds my Gonset G-76.
Appears that the last owner either removed the plastic pin retainer or
it fell out.
Now, there is nothing to support these female pins from wobbling
around & connector from falling off with poor connections to boot.

Well if you has the shell, any S-310 will work. It's all the same
just
the shell or the mounting is different

I'd go wit the S-310-CCT

73 OM

n8zu
Old October 15th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 28, 5:06 pm, raypsi wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:49 pm, wa2rqy wrote:

For my power supply which feeds my Gonset G-76.
Appears that the last owner either removed the plastic pin retainer or
it fell out.
Now, there is nothing to support these female pins from wobbling
around & connector from falling off with poor connections to boot.

Well if you has the shell, any S-310 will work. It's all the same
just
the shell or the mounting is different

I'd go wit the S-310-CCT

73 OM

n8zu

Thanks to all that tried to help out.
I bought 2 females & now to put one on.
good news is that it now transmits, 60 watts AM & 70 watts out in CW
tune-up.
Now gotta get a decent antenna on it see how it "Hears"\
Tnx all.........
Rich WA2RQY