Old October 4th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Radio Oktoberfest

Guten Tag Radio Aficionados!

Great opportunity to get out and have some fun with ham friends. The special
table is reserved for those wearing their callsign hat or badge. Come and
celebrate Yuri's 50 years in ham radio and check out this site for future
Ham radio conventions the MountainView Resort in Glen Spey, NY.

As you may know, the Ardmore Mansion has been elegantly renovated this past
year. Our motel units are currently being refurbished and the Black Sea
Ballroom and Brew Pub are beaming with restored wood floors and new
interiors. Our new pavilion is almost finished and will be ready for large
outdoor events.

We are gearing up now for Oktoberfest, which will be held on Columbus Day
weekend, October 11-12, bigger and better than ever. We will be featuring
authentic German food and specialty Oktoberfest German beer, vendors, and
games for adults and kids alike! The highlight of the evening is
Jagermeister's own Fritz's Polka Band, performing live at the Saturday night
dance. Also, for two nights only, Dark Forest, the area's premier Halloween
events company, is presenting a Haunted House at neighboring Burn Brea
Mansion. They will be celebrating the mansion's 100th anniversary by
charging the same rates ($10 per person) they charged the last time the show
was presented, 10 years ago! Transportation to and from Mountain View will
be provided at no additional charge.

On Friday night, October 31, we are hosting a Halloween Masquerade Ball,
with costume contests, dancing, and a frightfully fun time for all! Ages 21
and over, please. Then, on Saturday November 1, we present our Fall Festival
& Market. Come and sample the best of the area, and enjoy the leaves
changing colors while sipping on Mountain View's specialty cider.

Please check the web site for the latest news and programs at
www.MVresort.com and check out or download the posters for more information.
Spread the news, bring a friend and see the progress at MountainView. We are
building our mailing lists and soon will have regular newsletters informing
our patrons about the latest and upcoming events at the resort. Please pass
on email or postal addresses so we can stay in touch.

See you at MountainView!

Yuri and the crew
please email me if you are coming