Old November 14th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Microwave Projects

As long has there has been some show and tell lately, here is my newly
updated webpage showing my work (so far) on my 10 GHz transverter. Just
added some block diagrams for my next projects...transverters for 1296,
2304 and 3456 MHz based on the W1GHZ Multiband transverters. Comments
welcomed!

Scott, N0EDV
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Then select the "My Ham Radio Page" from the menu on the left side.

Old November 15th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

hey scotty:

Really nice I like the page where you are holding a shell of brew. Now
that's my kind of operator.

Now that MicroLO board is really sweet it's so large there must be a
duplexer on there too, Plus I think I see 5 4 lead devices somewheres
on that board with rock bigger than that dime. But tell me this isn't
a wideband unit it's just narrow bandwidth? Or maybe your using this
for RC control?

73 OM
n8zu
Old November 15th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

raypsi wrote:
hey scotty:

Really nice I like the page where you are holding a shell of brew. Now
that's my kind of operator.

Now that MicroLO board is really sweet it's so large there must be a
duplexer on there too, Plus I think I see 5 4 lead devices somewheres
on that board with rock bigger than that dime. But tell me this isn't
a wideband unit it's just narrow bandwidth? Or maybe your using this
for RC control?

73 OM
n8zu

Thanks for the kind words...yes, the microLO is the local oscillator
board for my narrowband 10 GHz transverter. Those "U-Shaped" traces are
the filters that select the correct harmonic of the crystal oscillator
(1136 MHz in the case of the 10 GHz unit). Those 4 legged devices are
MMICs (Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit) such as MAR-6, MAR-1,
etc. They are simple gain blocks with 50 ohm input and output, so they
are simple to use (no impedance matching!).

The 10 GHz transverter takes a 2M (ie 144.100) signal in and puts out a
signal at 10 GHz (10368.1 MHz with 144.100 in)...it basically adds the
final LO frequency (10224.000 MHz) to the 144.xxx sinal and sends it out
to the antenna. Works opposite during receive. As can be seen on my
webpage, I also have a transverter for 902 MHz and am going to start
building units for 1296, 2304 and 3456 MHz. All use the same principle
of mixing two frequencies to arrive at a third frequency. You can look
at Downeast Microwave's site to see all the neat stuff available these
days! http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/

73,
Scott
N0EDV
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/

Low Cost USB RF & Microwave CW Power Meters. Come see us at the European Microwave Exhibition in Manchester, UK [email protected] Equipment 0 August 1st 06 11:20 PM
Microwave Projects? JJ Homebrew 10 April 27th 06 01:22 PM
MFJ-207 projects [email protected] Antenna 0 March 21st 06 05:23 AM
QRP Projects Ross Hockenberry Homebrew 12 December 26th 03 09:47 AM
QRP Projects Ross Hockenberry Homebrew 0 December 21st 03 10:43 PM