Old February 5th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default 2SC2509 ?

Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

Old February 5th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Theo" wrote in message
Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

These sites indicate that they have stock:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/2SC2509
and
http://www.ceitron.com/semi/semi.phtml?part=2SC2509+

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.

Old February 5th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Theo wrote:
Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

It says "Call" for price and they have a $25 minimum order, but at least
they might have them...

http://www.rfparts.com/transistors_2SC.html#2458

Scott
N0EDV
Old February 6th 09, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
Theo wrote:
Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

It says "Call" for price and they have a $25 minimum order, but at least
they might have them...

http://www.rfparts.com/transistors_2SC.html#2458

Thanks Scott,
I have contacted RF Parts who inform me the transistor is now obsolete and
so is the equivalent.
Does anyone know what the equivalent is to the 2SC2509 so I can search for
that too?

Old February 6th 09, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In article ,
Theo wrote:

Thanks Scott,
I have contacted RF Parts who inform me the transistor is now obsolete and
so is the equivalent.
Does anyone know what the equivalent is to the 2SC2509 so I can search for
that too?

It looks as if ECG236 is one possible substitute, and 2SC1945 is
another. You might also check out 2SC1969 and MRF-485... depending on
your application they might work. Kenwood apparently recommends the
2SC3133 as a substitute in the TS-450.

The lead configurations for these substitutes may be different and
require lead-swapping, and other parts changes may be required when
using substitute transistors.

Beware of possible fake/forged/counterfeit parts.

I believe I've seen some mod workups for CB rigs, which substitute an
entirely different sort of part (e.g. the IRF510) as an RF driver or
final. Using the IRF510 or similar MOSFETs as RF finals requires
substantial circuit modification, and from what I've heard the
efficiency is likely to be poor if you're driving them from a 12-volt
supply.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Old February 6th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Theo wrote:
Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Someone has a pair on Ebay # 270328247825

73 Colin - G6AVK

Old February 7th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Theo wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
.. .

Theo wrote:

Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

It says "Call" for price and they have a $25 minimum order, but at least
they might have them...

http://www.rfparts.com/transistors_2SC.html#2458

Thanks Scott,
I have contacted RF Parts who inform me the transistor is now obsolete and
so is the equivalent.
Does anyone know what the equivalent is to the 2SC2509 so I can search for
that too?

Crap. Sorry about that Is everything obsolete these days such that
nobody can build anything anymore? I was going to make another 222
transverter from W1GHZ, but the stupid helical filters aren't available
anymore (I think Digikey still has some but they want $48 each for a 222
three pole filter. That's nuts! So, I have a blank board and I'm
going to try to make a simple filter and see if I can make it
work...I've been "build crazy" for the past couple years and it's
getting harder and harder! You have to pretty much build something very
soon after it appears in a magazine or some part will go obsolete and
you're stuck...

Scott
N0EDV

Old February 7th 09, 07:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 23:11:32 +0000, Colin J Thomson wrote:

Theo wrote:
Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Someone has a pair on Ebay # 270328247825

73 Colin - G6AVK

Look at his feedback before deciding to bid.

From my standpoint, he has stupidly excessive shipping for transistors.

Old February 7th 09, 11:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Feb 5, 3:12*pm, "Theo" wrote:
Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

Hey OM

I'd use a 2SC1969, used almost in every common CB radio as a final.
I saw them here with no minimum order I can see:

http://tinyurl.com/b5gv7e

73 OM
de n8zu
Old February 7th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

HI

Also try http://www.jabdog.com/semi-tra6.htm for 2SC1969 while stocks last.
Sadly no 2SC2509s though.

Watch out though. Looking on http://www.modecomponents.co.uk/ under the
Transistors section it states:
Due To Mitsubishi discontinuing the below devices and so many
fakes on the market I am no longer stocking them. 2SC1969 is one of the
listed items.

73
John
--