RadioBanter

-   -   Cassegrain Antenna development (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/142388-cassegrain-antenna-development.html)

Emanuele Colucci April 6th 09 07:27 PM

Cassegrain Antenna development

Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic :)
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail :)

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

Allodoxaphobia April 6th 09 07:51 PM

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:27:25 +0200, Emanuele Colucci wrote:
Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic :)

After all the Off Topic postings on lead in childrens books and cordless
phone tests equipment, yours is the first truly On Topic post I've seen
in quite some time! Thank you!! :-)

But, alas, I can give you no advice on your search for cassegrain
antenna design.

Regards,
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux

Ralph Mowery April 7th 09 01:03 AM

Cassegrain Antenna development

"Emanuele Colucci" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic :)
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail :)

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

Not off topic at all. You may want to try the rec.radio.amateur.antenna
group.

[email protected] April 7th 09 01:59 AM

On Apr 6, 11:27*am, Emanuele Colucci wrote:
Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic :)
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail :)

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

you might try w1ghz I believe he has some stuff(spreadsheet) to
calculate params for a cas.
you might also look into optical design software a cas is the same
just the wavelength is longer in the one you are probably thinking of.

good luck
73 de n6plr

Emanuele Colucci April 7th 09 06:48 PM

Cassegrain Antenna development

Many thanks to everyone answered my message :)

you might try w1ghz I believe he has some stuff(spreadsheet) to
calculate params for a cas.

Yep, I saw. :)

you might also look into optical design software a cas is the same
just the wavelength is longer in the one you are probably thinking of.

Could you explain which software do you mean? For optical design do you
mean optical cas telescope or optical geometry approximation?

Thank you again!

Emanuele Colucci