Old April 6th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Cassegrain Antenna development

Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

Old April 6th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:27:25 +0200, Emanuele Colucci wrote:
Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic

After all the Off Topic postings on lead in childrens books and cordless
phone tests equipment, yours is the first truly On Topic post I've seen
in quite some time! Thank you!! :-)

But, alas, I can give you no advice on your search for cassegrain
antenna design.

Regards,
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Old April 7th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Emanuele Colucci" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

Not off topic at all. You may want to try the rec.radio.amateur.antenna
group.

Old April 7th 09, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 6, 11:27*am, Emanuele Colucci wrote:
Hi there,
this is my first post here, hope not being off topic
I was asking myself if there were resources over the net that cover the
development of a cassegrain antenna [from the design up to the building]
in a homebrew fashion.

Thank you for paying attention towards this mail

Bye bye

Emanuele Colucci

you might try w1ghz I believe he has some stuff(spreadsheet) to
calculate params for a cas.
you might also look into optical design software a cas is the same
just the wavelength is longer in the one you are probably thinking of.

good luck
73 de n6plr
Old April 7th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Many thanks to everyone answered my message

you might try w1ghz I believe he has some stuff(spreadsheet) to
calculate params for a cas.

Yep, I saw.

you might also look into optical design software a cas is the same
just the wavelength is longer in the one you are probably thinking of.

Could you explain which software do you mean? For optical design do you
mean optical cas telescope or optical geometry approximation?

Thank you again!

Emanuele Colucci