Old April 9th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Semi rigid coax source

Anyone know of a source for semi rigid coax in general and RG-401 in
particular in hobby quantities like 3 to 6 feet?

I can find lots of places willing to sell me a 50 foot spool.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 9th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 9, 2:00*pm, wrote:
Anyone know of a source for semi rigid coax in general and RG-401 in
particular in hobby quantities like 3 to 6 feet?

I can find lots of places willing to sell me a 50 foot spool.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

I have seen some of the surplus places have it from time to time.
Sometimes a phone call to them will get you things they dont have in
their catalog.

Jimmie
Old April 9th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 9, 11:00*am, wrote:
Anyone know of a source for semi rigid coax in general and RG-401 in
particular in hobby quantities like 3 to 6 feet?

I can find lots of places willing to sell me a 50 foot spool.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Have you tried asking manufacturers like Micro-Coax who their stocking
distributors are? One of the distributors may take pity on you and
sell you a small quantity. You _might_ even be able to sweet-talk a
manufacturer/rep out of a sample of 3 feet of the stuff.

Cheers,
Tom
Old April 9th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna K7ITM wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:00Â*am, wrote:
Anyone know of a source for semi rigid coax in general and RG-401 in
particular in hobby quantities like 3 to 6 feet?

I can find lots of places willing to sell me a 50 foot spool.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Have you tried asking manufacturers like Micro-Coax who their stocking
distributors are? One of the distributors may take pity on you and
sell you a small quantity. You _might_ even be able to sweet-talk a
manufacturer/rep out of a sample of 3 feet of the stuff.

Cheers,
Tom

Almost all the distributors are willing to sell short lengths with
an added flat, short length, cutting fee ranging from $15 to $25,
which at the price of this stuff may be the way to go.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 9th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MTV MTV is offline

wrote:
Anyone know of a source for semi rigid coax in general and RG-401 in
particular in hobby quantities like 3 to 6 feet?

I can find lots of places willing to sell me a 50 foot spool.

Cable Experts:
www.cablexperts.com

Marv

making a uhf bandpass filter using semi rigid or hardline? [email protected] Homebrew 1 April 6th 06 05:12 PM
25R semi rigid?? zindazenda Homebrew 0 January 1st 04 03:19 PM
25R semi rigid?? zindazenda Homebrew 0 January 1st 04 03:19 PM
RG-174a coax source amdx Homebrew 2 November 27th 03 02:52 PM