Old April 19th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Looking for M67715 PA Module

Anyone have a new one for sale? My usual supplier (RF Parts) says they
are all gone. Need one for my 1296 transverter project.

Barend Hendrikson seem to have them in stock.
Not cheap!

Ouch. VERY ouch. Guess I'll have to look at one of the MOSFET "RA"
modules....

67715's have been out of production for a number of years now,
because their MOSFET counterparts are better: more linear,
higher gain, more efficient.

I realize it hurts when you can't just plunk in a part but
in the end you'll feel better, honest..

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG

Old April 20th 09, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Geert Jan de Groot wrote:

67715's have been out of production for a number of years now,
because their MOSFET counterparts are better: more linear,
higher gain, more efficient.

I realize it hurts when you can't just plunk in a part but
in the end you'll feel better, honest..

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG

I think we are possibly talking about different MOSFET modules. The one
I specifically refer to for use at 1240-1300 MHz (RA181213G). The data
sheet says it is designed for FM (NON-linear) but can be set up for
linear use by setting Id with Vgg and controlling the output level with
the input (RF) level. http://www.rfparts.com/pdf_docs/RA/RA18H1213G.pdf

It should work...it will just require a few additional components.

Scott
N0EDV

2m module for 767 Brigadoom Swap 0 June 14th 06 08:02 PM
FS. 767 2m module Brigadoom Swap 0 June 4th 06 07:06 PM
RS-232 Rf module ayman Homebrew 3 May 9th 06 01:08 PM
WTB: TM-742 with 220 module Mitch Swap 0 December 1st 03 08:28 PM