Old April 28th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Motorola transistor

Hi All,
i am looking for a datasheet for a transistor in a TO 5 Case with a
Motorola logo on top.
Label: 1.line is SS3693
2.line is 836
May someone have an old Motorola databook or something like that and can
make a copy for me.

Thanks and vy73 de Herb oe5brl

Old April 28th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi Herb,

That number is "house number." Those numbers hide the commercial equivalent
of that transistor. I doubt you will find any Motorola documentation giving
you an equivalent. There may be some cross reference guide somewhere that
some gracious soul assembled but I bet it will be without Motorolas blessing
!
There is a very high probability that you can substitute any of hundreds of
similar transistors and they will work, depending on the function of that
transistor. If it was used for RF amplifier service you could try a 2N3866
or 2N5109, for example.

I used to work for Western Electric and the Bell System did something
similar. We had "KS" parts. In most cases they were identical to
commercial parts but we did quality sampling, life cycle testing, etc. on
them and assured ourselves that we weren't getting scrap swept up off the
floor. For this we marked up the price about ten fold (!!!) as we supplied
these "approved" parts to our factories. The factories built things then
that they expected to last 50 years. Motorola probably did the same. This
also helped to keep repair technicians from substituting "commercial junk"
into Motorola equipment and destroying their pristine reputation. But I
digress......

Rick K2XT

Old April 28th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:00:36 +0000, Rick wrote:

[...]

Hmm, I don't know if it is a house number. My 1987 D.A.T.A. Transistor
book goes up to only SS3638.

Al
Old April 28th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 28, 8:58*am, Herbert Breitenfellner
wrote:
Hi All,
i am looking for a datasheet for a transistor in a TO 5 Case with a
Motorola logo on top.
Label: 1.line is SS3693
* * * * 2.line is 836
May someone have an old Motorola databook or something like that and can
make a copy for me.

Thanks and vy73 de Herb oe5brl

How was the transistor used, as much information you can give would be
helpful, frequency voltages power anything you can think of.

Jimmie
Old April 28th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote:
Hi All,
i am looking for a datasheet for a transistor in a TO 5 Case with a
Motorola logo on top.
Label: 1.line is SS3693
* * * * 2.line is 836
May someone have an old Motorola databook or something like that and can
make a copy for me.

Thanks and vy73 de Herb oe5brl

Web sites that do part # to Federal stock # can be a big help in
researching parts as they often include house numers and obsolete
parts. Once you find FSN or NSN search for it by FSN and you may find
replacement parts. I recently located a replacement this way. I would
also try replacing the SS with 2n,2sc....ect and see what comes up.
Check the specs of the transistors it list against the requirements of
the circuit.

Good hunting.

Jimmie

Old April 28th 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JIMMIE schrieb:

How was the transistor used, as much information you can give would be
helpful, frequency voltages power anything you can think of.

Jimmie

Hi,
the transistor is unused sitting in my junkbox and is waiting for
something to do. hi
I have got more of them. If i can't find any infos, then i will try to
build,for example, a Norton ampl. and compare it with one of my
favorites like 2N5109 But voltages and power are vitally to know.

73 Herb
Old April 29th 09, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 28, 10:00*am, "Rick" wrote:
[...]

I dont think SS was a house number. I remember using some of the SS
transistors in my military days. If I am correct they were made in the
60s and are just long time obsolete.. The ones I remember were used in
a servo amp for a mag tape drive and were bad about going out. When
the drive would fail we almost immediately would change the SS
transistors as a first course of troubleshooting since they were very
easy to change(socketed) and usually the problem.

Here is a list of transistor prefixes SS was used on Motorola silicon
transistors:

Here is a list of semiconductor prefixes.

Pro electron A... (germanium)
Prefixes in the Datenblattsammlung:AA... AC... AD... AE... AF... AS...
OUTER ONE... AY...
of the manufacturers: AEG Telefunken, SIEMENS, Sescosemsgs thomson,
VALVOPHILIPS

Pro electron B... (silicon)
Prefixes in the data sheet collection:
BA.. BB.. BC.. BD.. BF. BG.. SHEET. BP. BREAK. BS.. BT.. LE. BX.. BY..
BZ..
of the manufacturers:
AEG Telefunken, INTERCMetal, MOTOROLA, RCA, SIEMENS, Sescosemsgs
thomson, Texas Instruments, VALVOPHILIPS
some also of BENTRON, FAIRCHILD, FERRANTI, GENERAL INSTRUMENT,
NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR, SAMSUNG, SILICONIX, SPRAGUE
and for opto-electronic parts (BP...) also of SILICONE GENERAL and
BENTRON
and for thyristors, triacs uww.(BT...) also of TRANSITRON

Pro electron C... (gallium arsenide)
Prefixes of the data sheet collection:
APPROX.... CF... CN... CQ... CX...
of the manufacturers: AEG Telefunken, SIEMENS, VALVO

JEDEC Registration

1N.... (diodes)
In the data sheet collection of:
FAIRCHILD, GENERAL ELECTRICRCA, GENERAL INSTRUMENT, MOTOROLA, RCA,
Sescosemsgs thomson, SEMTECH, SOLITRON, Texas Instruments, UNITRODE
some also of CODI, GENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR, HEWLETT-PACKARD, M/ACOM,
MICROSEMICONDUCTOR CORP., SEMICON, SIEMENS, SILEC, TELEDYNE,
TRANSITRON, UNIZON, VALVO

2N.... (transistors)
All American manufacturers, also many European and Japanese. Before 30
years it belonged to the good clay/tone to have at least some JEDEC
types in the program. In the reason it unimportant also, from which
manufacturer the data sheet comes, because the uniformity was more
strictly supervised, as at most other families.

3N.... (FETs, opto coupler)
In the data sheet collection of:
GENERAL ELECTRICRCA, INTERSIL, MOTOROLA, RCA, SOLITRON, sprague,
TELEDYNE, Texas Instruments

4N.... (opto couplers)
In the data sheet collection of:
HEWLETT-PACKARD, MII=MICROPAC INDUSTRIES Inc., SIEMENS, Texas
Instruments, ENGINE

Ñ.... (opto couplers)
In the data sheet collection of:
HEWLETT-PACKARD, MII=MICROPAC INDUSTRIES Inc..

Japanese type rows

1S.... (diodes)
In the data sheet collection of:
MATSU****A, MITSUBISHI, NEC, NJRC, ROHM, SANYO, SONY, TOSHIBA

2SA.... (PNP)
2SB.... (PNP, power)
2SC.... (NPN and NPN HF power)
2SD.... (NPN, power)
In the data sheet collection of: FUJITSU, HITACHI, MATSU****A,
MITSUBISHI, NEC, ROHM, SAMSUNG, SANK, SANYO, SONY, TOSHIBA

2SJ.... (P channel FET)
In the data sheet collection of HITACHI, NEC, SONY, TOSHIBA

2SK.... (N channel FET)
In the data sheet collection of HITACHI, MATSU****A, MITSUBISHI, NEC,
ROHM, SONY, TOSHIBA

3SK.... (N channel DGMOSFET)
In the data sheet collection of NEC and SONY

Pre manufacturer fixed
G GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode) Thomson csfst
MICROELECTRONICS
GAT PLESSEYGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS GIGAHERTZ DEVICE (varactor)
GD SIEMENSINFINEON
GE HARRISINTERSIL (Ts, diodes)
GED GENERAL ELECTRICHARRISINTERSIL(FET)
GEG RCAHARRISINTERSIL (FET)
GOES RCAHARRISINTERSIL (FET)
GEP RCAHARRISINTERSIL (FET)
GER RCAHARRISINTERSIL (FET) GI GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL
SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
GHV GENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR IND.INC.(Suppressor)
GLA of CODI=COMPUTER DIODE CORP.(Diode)
GSI HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
GSV GENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR IND.INC.
GT TOSHIBA (IGBT)
hp FERRANTIGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (diode)
HFET HEWLETT PACKARD (ATM F T)
HGTA HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HGTB HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HGTD HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HGTG HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HGTH HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HGTM HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HGTP HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
HMF HARRISINTERSIL MICROWAVE SEMICOND.
HPWR HEWLETT PACKARD (MOSFET)
HT FERRANTIGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (Ts)
HV ERIE (diode)
HVF UNITRODE (diode)
HVU HITACHI (C-diode)
ICT GENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR IND.INC.(Transzorb)
ICTE GENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR IND.INC.(Transzorb)
ID INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (diode)
IGT HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
IMB ROHM (Ts)
IMD ROHM (Ts)
IMH ROHM (Ts)
IMT ROHM (Ts)
IMX ROHM (Ts)
IMZ ROHM (Ts)
IRF INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IRFAC RCAHARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
IRFBC RCAHARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
IRFD INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IRFF INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IRFG INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET
IRFH INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IRFJ INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IRFP INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IRFPC RCAHARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
IRFR HARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
IRFU HARRISINTERSIL (MOSFETS)
IRFZ INTERNATIONAL of RECTIFIER (MOSFET)
IT INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
IVN INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
IXTH IXYS (MOSFET)
IXTM IXYS (MOSFET)
J SILICONIX (FET)
JO ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
JPAD CALOGIC CORP. (diode)
K KMC SEMICONDUCTOR COR: (Ts) TELEFUNKENTEMIC (opto coupler), SGSST
MICROELECTRONICS (Ts)
KB UNIZON (diode)
KE SOLITRON (FET)
KSC SAMSUNG(discrete)FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR (Ts)
KSD SAMSUNG(discrete)FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR (Ts)
KTY VALVOPHILIPS (temp sensor)
KV TOKO SEMICONDUCTORS (C-diode)
LD of CODI=COMUTER DIODE CORP.(Diode)
LL INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
LNA of CODI=COMPUTER DIODE CORP.(Diode)
LT ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
LVA ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (diode)
M SEMTECH (diode) SILICONIX (FET) INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (FET) mA
MICROWAVE ASSOCIATES=MACOM/AMP(Ts, Dioden) MOTOROLA (germanium)
MAC MOTOROLA (triac)
MT GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (Rect.)
MSC=MICROSEMICONDUCTOR CORP.(Diode)
MBD MOTOROLA (diode)
MBR MOTOROLA (diode) GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
MC MOTOROLA (IC)
MSC=MICROSEMICONDUCTOR CORP.(Diode)
MCL MOTOROLA (diode) MCR MOTOROLA (Thyr.usw.)
MCT GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTORS (Optok.) MCTA
HARRISINTERSIL (MOS Thyr.)
MCTV HARRISINTERSIL (MOS Thyr.)
MD MOTOROLA (Ts)
MDA MOTOROLA (Rect.)
ME Thomson csfst MICROELECTRONICS (diode)
MEM SILICONIX (MOSFET)
MFE MOTOROLA (FET)
MFR MOTOROLA (Ts)
mg TOSHIBA (IGBT)
MGF MITSUBISHI (ATM F T)
MH MSC=MICROSEMICONDUCTOR CORP.(Diode)
MI MITSUBISHI (diode)
MJ MOTOROLA (Ts)
MFE MOTOROLA (Ts)
ML PLESSEYGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (Ts)
mm MOTOROLA (Ts)
MMBD MOTOROLA (diode)
MMBV MOTOROLA (diode)
MMCM MOTOROLA (Ts)
MMD MOTOROLA (diode)
MMT MOTOROLA (Ts)
MP MICRO POWER of SYSTEM (Ts) MOTOROLA (Ts)
MPC MOTOROLA (SMART)
MPF SILICONIX (FET) MOTOROLA (FET)
MPG GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
MPN MOTOROLA (diode)
MPS MOTOROLA (Ts) FAIRCHILD (Ts)
MPSA FAIRCHILD (Ts) MOTOROLA (Ts) FERRANTIGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS
(Ts)
MPSD MOTOROLA (Ts) MPSH FAIRCHILD (Ts)
MPSL FAIRCHILD (Ts) MPSU MOTOROLA (Ts)
MPT MOTOROLA (Bilat.Trig.)
MPU MOTOROLA (UJTs)
MR MOTOROLA (diode)
MRA ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
MRF MOTOROLA (Ts)
MSC MSC=MICROWAVE SEMICOND.CORP.SIEMENS?(Ts)
MSD MOTOROLA (diodes)
MT MICROSEMICONDUCTOR CORP. (diode) PLESSEYGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS
(FET)
MTM MOTOROLA (MOSFET)
MTP MOTOROLA (MOSFET) Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (MOSFET)
MTS MOTOROLA (temp sensor)
MU MOTOROLA (diodes)
MUR RCAHARRISINTERSIL(Dioden)
mV MOTOROLA (C-diode)
MVAM MOTOROLA (C-diode)
MZ MOTOROLA (breakdown diode) SILEC (diode)
WELL NSC=NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.(Ts)
NB NSC=NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.(Ts)
lp SILICONIX (MOSFET)
NE NEC (Ts)
NR NSC=NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.(Ts)
LV SOLITRON (diode)
NOS SILICONIX (MOSFET)
OA VALVOPHILIPS (diode) degrees VALVOPHILIPS (Ts)
INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (Ts) TELEFUNKEN (Ts)
OCP VALVOPHILIPS (Ge photo Ts)
OD TELEFUNKEN (Ts)
ON VALVOPHILIPS (Ts)
OI OPTRON (Opto)
OY AEG (diode)
P Siliconix (Ts) PLESSEYGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (ATM F T) P6KE Sgs
thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Suppressor)
P7T Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Suppressor)
PAD SILICONIX (diode) CALOGIC CORP. (diode)
PBYR PHILIPS'S (diode) PE FAIRCHILD (Ts)
PFR Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (diode)
PG AMPOWER (diode)
pH MACOM=AMP (Ts) VALVOPHILIPS (Ts)
PL Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Suppressor) Texas Instruments
(Ts)
POLARIZES Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (diode)
PMBF VALVOPHILIPS (FET)
PMD LAMBDA (Ts)
pn FAIRCHILD (Ts)
PRD of CODI=COMPUTER DIODE CORP. (diode)
HP of ENGINES SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA(Diode)
PT ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA(Ts)
PTB ERICSSON (Ts)
PTC off = all bradly (Ts)
PZT VALVOPHILIPS (Ts)
QSCH HEWLETT PACKARD (diode)
RB TOSHIBA? (diode)
RCH HARRISINTERSIL (IGBT)
RDF GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (Rect.)
RF EDI (diode) RFA HARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
RFW HARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET)
RK EDI (diode)
RMPG GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
RN TOSHIBA (Ts)
RTC TRANSITRON (Thyr.)
RTD TRANSITRON (Thyr)
RTGD TRANSITRON (GTO Thyr)
RTPC TRANSITRON (Opto Thyr.)
RTU TRANSITRON (SCR)
RUR HARRISINTERSIL (diode)
RURD HARRISINTERSIL (diode)
S SHINDENGEN (diode) SEMICON (diode) INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR
(diode)
CTC=COMMUNICATIONS TRANSISTOR CORP. (Ts) AEG Telefunken (diode)
TOSHIBA (Ts) POWEREX (Thyr.) Texas Instruments (GaSaFET) SEMICON
(Suppressor) SELF-service GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR
(diode) SANYO (diode)
SBL GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode) sports club
GENERAL ELECTRICHARRISINTERSIL(Triac) MOTOROLA (triac) SCA SEMTECH
(diode)
SCHF SEMTECH (diode)
SCHS SEMTECH (diode)
SCM SEMTECH (diode)
SCT SEMTECH (diode)
SD Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Ts) CALOGIC CORP.(CMOS) SOLITRON
(diode) INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode) TOPAZ (MOSFET)
UNITRODE (diode) SILICONE GENERAL (diode) SPI=SEMI PROCESSES Inc.
(MOSFET)
SDF SOLITRON (FET) SDM SOLITRON (Ts)
SDT SOLITRON (Ts) SES UNITRODE (diode)
SFH SIEMENSINFINEON (photo...)
SFT DITRATHERM (Ts)
SGH SONY (HEMT)
SGM SONY (ATM F T)
SGS Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (diodes) SGSD Sgs thomsonst
MICROELECTRONICS (Ts)
SGSP Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (MOSFET)
SGT RCAHARRISINTERSIL (Suppressor)
SI SIEMENSINFINEON (diode)
SICT SEMICON (diode)
SID AEG (diode)
SIL INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
SKC SEMIKRON (Ts)
SM Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (diode)
SMBT SIEMENSINFINEON (Ts)
SMBYT Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (diode)
SMD SILICONIX (Ts) SMF SOLITRON (FET)
SMM SILICONIX (MOSFET)
SMU SILICONIX (Ts)
SN SIEMENSINFINEON (MOSFET)
FR SIEMENSINFINEON (MOSFET) Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Ts)
SPD SOLITRON (diode)
SQ MSI (C-diode)
SRP GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
SS MOTOROLA (Ts)
SSiE SIEMENSINFINEON (diode)
SST SILICONIX (FET) CALOGIC CORP. (FET)
STH Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (IGBT)
STL Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (MOSFET)
STV Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (MOSFET)
CSU INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (FET)
SUES SEMICON (diode) SONY? (diode)
SVD ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (diode)
SVT ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
SX SEMTECH (breakdown diode) SYSTEM SEMTECH (breakdown diode)
sp MOTOROLA (breakdown diode)
T AEG (Thyr.) RCAHARRISINTERSIL (Thyr.)
TBC THOSHIBA (Ts)
TC TRANSITRON (THYR.) Thomson csfsgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (ATM
F T)
TCC Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Ts)
TCR TRANSITRON (Thyr.)
TCDT TELEFUNKEN (Optok.)
TD SILICONIX (MOSFET) AEG (Thyr.)
TDS Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Ts) TELEFUNKENTEMIC (Ts)
TEC TOSHIBA (Ts)
TED TOSHIBA (Ts)
TF SIEMENSINFINEON (Ts)
TFR TRANSITRON (diode)
TGL GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
TH Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Ts)
THS TOSHIBA? (resounding sensor)
TI of Texas Instruments (Ts)
TIP Texas Instruments (Ts) SAMSUNG(discrete)FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR
Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS
TIS Texas Instruments (Ts)
t-lva Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (breakdown diode)
TM TRANSITRON (diode) Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (breakdown
diode) TMF TELMOS (MOSFET)
TMM Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (diode)
TN SILICONIX (MOSFET) SUPERTEX (MOSFET)
TP SUPERTEX (MOSFET) SIEMENSINFINEON (photo.) ENGINES
SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
TPA Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Suppressor)
TPB Sgs thomsonst MICROELECTRONICS (Suppressor)
TPM ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
TPV ENGINE SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts) ENGINE ENGINE
SEMICONDUCTORSMOTOROLA (Ts)
TSF Texas Instruments (Temp.Sens.)
TSU Texas Instruments (Temp.Sens.)
TTB ERICSSON (Ts)
t-tip TECCOR ELECTRONICS Inc. (Ts)
DO SIEMENSINFINEON (Tunneld.)
TVS UNITRODE (diode) powerplant AEG (diode)
TX SONY (MOSFET) HEWLETT-PACKARD (diode)
TXC SIEMENSINFINEON (triac)
TXD SIEMENSINFINEON (triac)
TZ TOPAZ (MOSFET) SEMICON (Z/Suppressor)
U SILICONIX (FET) INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (FET) VALVOPHILIPS (FET)
U2TA UNITRODE (Ts)
UC SOLITRON (FET)
UES UNITRODE (diode)
UF MACOM (Ts) GENERAL INSTRUMENTGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (diode)
UFN UNITRODE (MOSFET)
UFNA UNITRODE (MOSFET)
UFND UNITRODE (MOSFET)
UFNF UNITRODE (MOSFET)
UHVP UNITRODE (diode) AROUND UNITRODE (diode)
UMT UNITRODE (Ts)
UPT UNITRODE (Ts)
UN MATSU****A (Ts)
UPP MICROSEMI CORP. (diode)
USD UNITRODE (diode)
USR SIEMENSINFINEON (diode)
UT UNITRODE (diode)
UTR UNITRODE (diode)
UTV ACRIAN (Ts)
UTX UNITRODE (diode)
UZ UNITRODE (breakdown diode)
V TELEFUNKENTEMIC (Opto)
VCR SILICONIX (FET)
VMP SILICONIX (MOSFET)
VN SUPERTEX (MOSFET) INTERSILHARRISINTERSIL (MOSFET) SILICONIX
(MOSFET) TOPAZ (MOSFET)
VP TOPAZ (MOSFET) SUPERTEX (MOSFET)
VSK VARO SEMICONDUCTOR INC.(Diode)
WN SILICONIX (FET)
CR JRC=JAPAN RADIO CORP.(Z Diode)
YTS TOSHIBA (Ts)
Z INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZC FERRANTIGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (diode)
ZD INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZF INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZL INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZM INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZPD INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZPU INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZTX FERRANTIGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (Ts)
ZPY INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZSY INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (Suppressor)
ZTE INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZVN FERRANTIGEC PLESSEY SEMICONDUCTORS (MOSFET)
ZX INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZY INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (breakdown diode)
ZZ INTERMETALLGENERAL SEMICONDUCTOR (Suppressor)

JImmie
Old April 30th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Herbert Breitenfellner" wrote in message
.telekom.at...
JIMMIE schrieb:

How was the transistor used, as much information you can give would be
helpful, frequency voltages power anything you can think of.

Jimmie

Hi,
the transistor is unused sitting in my junkbox and is waiting for
something to do. hi
I have got more of them. If i can't find any infos, then i will try to
build,for example, a Norton ampl. and compare it with one of my
favorites like 2N5109 But voltages and power are vitally to know.

73 Herb

Gee! just save it for show.

Old April 30th 09, 10:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JIMMIE schrieb:

How was the transistor used, as much information you can give would be
helpful, frequency voltages power anything you can think of.

Jimmie

Hi,
the transistor is unused sitting in my junkbox and is waiting for
something to do. hi
I have got more of them. If i can't find any infos, then i will try to
build,for example, a Norton ampl. and compare it with one of my
favorites like 2N5109 But voltages and power are vitally to know.

73 Herb

Gee! just save it for show.

Yeah for my grandchildren!
73 Herb
Old April 30th 09, 11:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JIMMIE wrote:
I dont think SS was a house number. I remember using some of the SS
transistors in my military days. If I am correct they were made in the
60s and are just long time obsolete.. The ones I remember were used in
a servo amp for a mag tape drive and were bad about going out. When
the drive would fail we almost immediately would change the SS
transistors as a first course of troubleshooting since they were very
easy to change(socketed) and usually the problem.

Here is a list of transistor prefixes SS was used on Motorola silicon
transistors:

Here is a list of semiconductor prefixes.

Pro electron A... (germanium)
Prefixes in the Datenblattsammlung:AA... AC... AD... AE... AF... AS...
OUTER ONE... AY...
of the manufacturers: AEG Telefunken, SIEMENS, Sescosemsgs thomson,
VALVOPHILIPS

etc ...etc

Tnx Jimmie for this list ....very useful

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH