Old August 3rd 09, 11:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
No Name

Default So do you chaps

So you chaps enjoy siting round drinking brew's
and listening to the radio all day?
Its a good way to get through the 'so called' summer hollidays.
I like uk radio 4, its a grand station. It has plays , book readings and
radio documentaries, loads better than that strange 'beat' music I don't
understand.
Anyhow good on you chaps, you sit back have a brew and enjoy the radio.

Old August 3rd 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

So you chaps enjoy siting round drinking brew's
and listening to the radio all day?
Its a good way to get through the 'so called' summer hollidays.
I like uk radio 4, its a grand station. It has plays , book readings and
radio documentaries, loads better than that strange 'beat' music I don't
understand.
Anyhow good on you chaps, you sit back have a brew and enjoy the radio.

I wondered what the radio bit was - there are an awful
lot of radio topics. I thought this was a newsgroup for
amateur brewers, like me, who make their own beer and
wines and stuff.

I make wine, mead, and also a little vodka, but better
not shout too loundly about that ;-) I am willing to share
recipes, if anyone is interested.

Old August 4th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

This board is for those who enjoy the art of putting together electronic
things by hand. BUT I can see (taste) the synergies :~)
I wish I was allow to drink, not religious reasons but docs orders :~(

Can you make/convert those recipes non alcoholic???

Paul P.

Old August 5th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message
This board is for those who enjoy the art of putting together electronic
things by hand. BUT I can see (taste) the synergies :~)
I wish I was allow to drink, not religious reasons but docs orders :~(

Can you make/convert those recipes non alcoholic???

Paul P.

Hi Paul,

This board is for those who enjoy the art of putting together electronic
things by hand.

So where foes the homebrewing come in?

I wish I was allow to drink, not religious reasons but docs orders :~(
Can you make/convert those recipes non alcoholic???

Not really, but a nice wine (12-15%) blended with soda water,
lemon and ice is very pleasant, especially by the pool on these
hot sunny days. The alcohol content is so low (4 - 6%) that
it is like taking a beer, but in smaller quantities.

Johan Binn Chardonay is quite strong in flavour, but only 8.5%
alcohol, which means the drink will have as much alcohol as a
very weak beer.

The tase, however, is like a sparkling wine. Best of both worlds?
Or is that still too much for your doctor?

Regards Eddie

Old August 9th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In article ,
Eddy Grant wrote:
"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message
This board is for those who enjoy the art of putting together electronic
things by hand.

So where foes the homebrewing come in?

It's metaphorical, I suppose. On the other hand, brewing beer appeals to
me in much the same way that homebrew electronics does. I only have space
for so many hobbies, though.

Anyway, if you're looking for the drinkable stuff, check out
the rec.crafts.brewing group. I don't know how active it is, but
a quick glance looks like there's some discussion going on.

There's also alt.beer.home-brewing, rec.crafts.distilling,
rec.crafts.winemaking, and rec.crafts.meadmaking. Same caveats.

--
Wim Lewis , Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." -Hegel

Old August 10th 09, 08:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

So where foes the homebrewing come in?

It's metaphorical, I suppose. On the other hand, brewing beer appeals to
me in much the same way that homebrew electronics does. I only have space
for so many hobbies, though.

Many thanks, I shall subscribe to it. I understand what you
mean. A bit misleading though. Hope you enjoy your homebrew
electronics.

Old August 16th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote:
So you chaps enjoy siting round drinking brew's
and listening to the radio all day?

Well... there are those who just like drinking alcohol all day,
listening to the radio. There's a certain satisfaction one gets
though, when you've used some mental muscle and elbow grease to home-
manufacture the radio receiver (or transceiver) yourself from basic
components.

There's also a nice feeling when your home brew of alcohol works out
just the way you like it.

Put these two things together... life is good. :-)

Regards,
Stuart Longland (VK4MSL)
Old August 23rd 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Aug 16, 1:15*pm, Stuart Longland wrote:
wrote:
So you chaps enjoy siting round drinking brew's
and listening to the radio all day?

Well... there are those who just like drinking alcohol all day,
listening to the radio. *There's a certain satisfaction one gets
though, when you've used some mental muscle and elbow grease to home-
manufacture the radio receiver (or transceiver) yourself from basic
components.

There's also a nice feeling when your home brew of alcohol works out
just the way you like it.

Put these two things together... life is good. :-)

Regards,
Stuart Longland (VK4MSL)

Yup: I made/home-built/constructed/home-brewed, or whatever terms we
want to use, my first radio at around age 13 a few years following
WWII.
That led to a 40 year career in telecomms. Still tinkering! But
haven't built anything new for years.
Sorry but only 'consumption' here, by choice, is a half glass of wine
(not even home-brewed!) with a meal; when offered.
Mash on chaps! Best of luck.