Old December 27th 09, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Convolution Tutorial

I have created a tutorial on the convolution integral. It uses an
interactive flash program with embedded audio files.

It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/Convolution/index.html

brent
Old December 27th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 27, 8:56*am, brent wrote:
I have created a tutorial on the convolution integral. It uses an
interactive flash program with embedded audio files.

*It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/Convolution/index.html

brent

Brent,

Just wanted to thank you for preparing all your Flash tutorials.
Really helps to get insight into these topics. I wish I had these
when I was struggling in Electrical engineering classes.

Have a great New Year - Roger
Old December 28th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 27, 1:28*pm, Roger wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:56*am, brent wrote:

I have created a tutorial on the convolution integral. It uses an
interactive flash program with embedded audio files.

*It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/Convolution/index.html

brent

Brent,

Just wanted to thank you for preparing all your Flash tutorials.
Really helps to get insight into these topics. *I wish I had these
when I was struggling in Electrical engineering classes.

Have a great New Year - Roger

Thanks for the nice feedback.

I hope you have a nice new year too
Old December 28th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

brent wrote:
I have created a tutorial on the convolution integral. It uses an
interactive flash program with embedded audio files.

It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/Convolution/index.html

brent

Hi Brent,
maybe I am missing something.
The 1-D convolution outputs that you show don't seem quite right?

Brian W
Old December 28th 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 27, 9:54*pm, brian whatcott wrote:
brent wrote:
I have created a tutorial on the convolution integral. It uses an
interactive flash program with embedded audio files.

*It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/Convolution/index.html

brent

Hi Brent,
maybe I am missing something.
The 1-D convolution outputs that you show don't seem quite right?

Brian W

could you be more specific?

Old December 28th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi Brent,

thank you very much for all your Fourier series, DSP , Smith chart,
etc.. flash tutorials. Very nice and helpful !

73's and Happy New Year
de Bruno, I6YPK

Old December 29th 09, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

brent wrote:
Hi Brent,
maybe I am missing something.
The 1-D convolution outputs that you show don't seem quite right?

Brian W

could you be more specific?

When I examined the convolution of a sine wave and a pulse, the
trailing part of the output waveform after the pulse was processed,
seemed to have a random component od small amplitude round zero.

Brian W
Old December 29th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 28, 1:47*am, Bruce wrote:
Hi Brent,

thank you very much for all your Fourier series, DSP , Smith chart,
etc.. flash tutorials. Very nice and helpful !

73's and Happy New Year
de Bruno, I6YPK

Thanks for the nice remarks. Happy new year to you too.
Old December 29th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 29, 7:44*am, brian whatcott wrote:
brent wrote:

Hi Brent,
maybe I am missing something.
The 1-D convolution outputs that you show don't seem quite right?

Brian W

could you be more specific?

When I examined the convolution of a sine wave and a pulse, the
trailing part of the output waveform after the pulse was processed,
seemed to have a random component od small amplitude round zero.

Brian W

I am sorry, but I don't see it. I can say that sometimes you have to
push the slider kind of slow to catch all the points. If the slider
is pushed too fast the program interpolates the points that were
missed.

Brent
Old December 29th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

brent wrote:

Hi Brent,
maybe I am missing something.
The 1-D convolution outputs that you show don't seem quite right?
Brian W
could you be more specific?

When I examined the convolution of a sine wave and a pulse, the
trailing part of the output waveform after the pulse was processed,
seemed to have a random component od small amplitude round zero.

Brian W

I am sorry, but I don't see it. I can say that sometimes you have to
push the slider kind of slow to catch all the points. If the slider
is pushed too fast the program interpolates the points that were
missed.

Brent

I believe you have identified the issue: selecting pulse (That's the
wider one) and freq2 (that's the higher f), then if I pull the slider
too fast, the trace is jagged - which is as you say like hopping over
samples.... Pulling the slider SLOWLY fixes this right up!

Thanks

Brian W

Fourier Transform Tutorial brent Antenna 0 September 7th 09 12:58 PM
Decibel tutorial [email protected] Antenna 5 June 9th 09 05:20 PM
new scanner tutorial mitbr Shortwave 0 November 6th 04 02:31 PM
new scanner tutorial mitbr Scanner 0 November 6th 04 02:30 PM