RadioBanter

-   -   jury rigged vhf receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/149361-jury-rigged-vhf-receiver.html)

Rob[_8_] February 1st 10 07:10 PM

jury rigged vhf receiver

JIMMIE wrote:
UPS delivered the mixer yesterday evening but I didnt get to play with
it until this AM.Im working evenings. I spent about an hour getting it
connected up. There may not have been any SSB activity but I was able
to hear all the usual local 2m repeaters using my HF rig set up for
10M FM.

How is SSB activity in your area these days?
Over here (Netherlands) it never was as big as FM and one would not
expect to hear much in the morning hours, when many hams are at work.

But these days, even during evening hours there is not much SSB to
be heard anymore. There seems to be activity only during band openings
and contests.

JIMMIE February 3rd 10 12:44 AM

jury rigged vhf receiver

On Feb 1, 2:10*pm, Rob wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
UPS delivered the mixer yesterday evening but I didnt get to play with
it until this AM.Im working evenings. I spent about an hour getting it
connected up. There may not have been any SSB activity but I was able
to hear all the usual local 2m repeaters using my HF rig set up for
10M FM.

How is SSB activity in your area these days?
Over here (Netherlands) it never was as big as FM and one would not
expect to hear much in the morning hours, when many hams are at work.

But these days, even during evening hours there is not much SSB to
be heard anymore. *There seems to be activity only during band openings
and contests.

Same here, I had to call someone to get him to give me some test
counts on SSB to test my lash up.

Jimmie