Old January 25th 10, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default LV1236G

I'm having trouble finding the pinouts for the KV1236G. It's two varicap
diodes in one package. Can anyone help please? I've looked on the web but
not very useful.
If I connect the two diodes in parallel do I get exactly twice the
capacitance variance of a single diode and is there anything to watch for by
doing this? Also series connection of course.
Thanks. Howard.

Old January 26th 10, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jan 25, 12:45*pm, "Howard James" wrote:
I'm having trouble finding the pinouts for the KV1236G. It's two varicap
diodes in one package. Can anyone help please? I've looked on the web but
not very useful.
If I connect the two diodes in parallel do I get exactly twice the
capacitance variance of a single diode and is there anything to watch for by
doing this? Also series connection of course.
Thanks. Howard.

I gather it's an obsolete Toko part. How many pins does it have? You
should be able to tell with an ohmmeter which pins the diodes are
connected to. Many duals are common cathode; some are common anode,
and a very few are series-connected.

All the duals I know of are two of the same capacitance diode, so yes,
if you hook the two in parallel, it should double the capacitance. If
you connect two in series you need some way to guarantee equal DC
voltage across the two if you want them to be equal capacitance.
Normally for that, I'd just use a single diode rated at lower
capacitance. Two (or more) in parallel can be helpful if you're
trying to reach very high capacitance (e.g. to tune an LF loop
remotely).

Cheers,
Tom