Old March 9th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default This NG doesn't seem to be accepting any of my postings.

The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.
--
Ian
Old March 9th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Ian Jackson
writes
The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.

Interesting. This one worked as it should. Test completed.
--
Ian
Old March 9th 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:24:21 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.

You're correct. It never showed up here.
Old March 9th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Allodoxaphobia
writes
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:24:21 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.

You're correct. It never showed up here.

You're tempting me to try again, aren't you? I'm not fooled THAT easily.
--
Ian
Old March 9th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Ian Jackson wrote in :
In message , Allodoxaphobia
writes
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:24:21 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.

You're correct. It never showed up here.

You're tempting me to try again, aren't you? I'm not fooled THAT easily.

So what did you change to make _these_ posts appear?

--
Of course, if you're writing the code to control a cruise missile, you
may not actually need an explicit loop exit. The loop will be

Old March 10th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , mikea
writes
Ian Jackson wrote in
:
In message , Allodoxaphobia
writes
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:24:21 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.

You're correct. It never showed up here.

You're tempting me to try again, aren't you? I'm not fooled THAT easily.

So what did you change to make _these_ posts appear?

Well....
Last week, I 'failed to get through' using the Demon, Eternal-September
and AIOE news servers. This time, E-S was successful. However, I
switched to Demon to reply to Mikea's posting, and nothing has appeared.
This one is using AIOE. If this fails, I'll try E-S again.
--
Ian
Old March 10th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Ian Jackson
writes
In message , mikea
writes
Ian Jackson wrote in
:
In message , Allodoxaphobia
writes
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:24:21 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
The last few of my postings (even when repeated) have failed to appear
in this NG. Just trying again to see if this test post appears.

You're correct. It never showed up here.

You're tempting me to try again, aren't you? I'm not fooled THAT easily.

So what did you change to make _these_ posts appear?

Well....
Last week, I 'failed to get through' using the Demon, Eternal-September
and AIOE news servers. This time, E-S was successful. However, I
switched to Demon to reply to Mikea's posting, and nothing has
appeared. This one is using AIOE. If this fails, I'll try E-S again.

Nope. Demon posts don't appear. Back E-S.
--
Ian
Old March 11th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mar 11, 2:18*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message , Ian Jackson
writes

Nope. Demon posts don't appear. Back E-S.
--
Ian

I hear your pain... I used to have a good newsgroup server provided by
my ISP (news.gil.com.au)... however that stopped talking to me a while
ago, and I've since resorted to Google Groups, which while usable, I'd
much rather use NNTP directly.

Anyone know of a decent newsgroup server that is open-access?
Old March 11th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message
,
Stuart Longland VK4MSL writes
On Mar 11, 2:18*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message , Ian Jackson
writes

Nope. Demon posts don't appear. Back E-S.
--
Ian

I hear your pain... I used to have a good newsgroup server provided by
my ISP (news.gil.com.au)... however that stopped talking to me a while
ago, and I've since resorted to Google Groups, which while usable, I'd
much rather use NNTP directly.

Anyone know of a decent newsgroup server that is open-access?

Well, Eternal September (was Motzarella) and AIOE are my 'backup' news
servers. Both are free. With E-S, you simply sign up. With AIOE, you
don't even have to do that - just change the name of your news server to
'nttp.aioe.org' (at least in Demon's 'Turnpike' news client). However,
neither allow binaries so, for NGs like
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, I have to stick to Demon's own
server.
--
Ian
Old March 12th 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Stuart Longland VK4MSL wrote:
On Mar 11, 2:18 am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message , Ian Jackson
writes

Nope. Demon posts don't appear. Back E-S.
--
Ian

I hear your pain... I used to have a good newsgroup server provided by
my ISP (news.gil.com.au)... however that stopped talking to me a while
ago, and I've since resorted to Google Groups, which while usable, I'd
much rather use NNTP directly.

Anyone know of a decent newsgroup server that is open-access?

Open access ones often become spam sources and are then blocked by other
news servers, especially those still run by ISPs. Then posts don't show
up, or only some people can see them. That can become frustrating.

After my ISP dropped Usenet (hurumph ... grumble ...) I signed up with
news.individual.de and all was well again. Ok, not free but it costs
only 10 Euros per year. It's in Germany yet they signed me up even
though I live in the US. No binaries though. This is their registration
page in English:

http://news.individual.net/index.php

--
Regards, Joerg