Old March 15th 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default oscillator

I have what appears to be a temperature stabilized oscillator made by
CTS knights inc Sandwich IL Ithas an octal base appears to take two
crystals Part# 900-0196. This is about all I know about it. Any other
info would be appreciated.

Jimmie
Old March 15th 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JIMMIE wrote:
I have what appears to be a temperature stabilized oscillator made by
CTS knights inc Sandwich IL Ithas an octal base appears to take two
crystals Part# 900-0196. This is about all I know about it. Any other
info would be appreciated.

Jimmie

GE two way radios had ovens like that in the 1970s or earlier.

Bill K7NOM
Old March 16th 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mar 15, 7:45*pm, Bill Janssen wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
I have what appears to be a temperature stabilized oscillator made by
CTS knights inc Sandwich IL *Ithas an octal base appears to take two
crystals Part# 900-0196. This is about all I know about it. Any other
info would be appreciated.

Jimmie

GE two way radios had ovens like that in the 1970s or earlier.

Bill K7NOM

Could be , I came by this part in '73. There is a pretty good chance
it was from a Lo band VHF unit.

Jimmie
Old March 17th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mar 15, 2:12*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I have what appears to be a temperature stabilized oscillator made by
CTS knights inc Sandwich IL *Ithas an octal base appears to take two
crystals Part# 900-0196. This is about all I know about it. Any other
info would be appreciated.

Jimmie

You sure it's actually an oscillator? I have some units that could be
like you describe that are just thermostat-controlled ovens for
crystals. The oscillator is separate, for the ones I have. Guess you
could find out mo check the resistance between each crystal-socket
pin and each of the octal base pins (and perhaps if two of the crystal
pins are in parallel, sharing a common ground or equivalent).

Cheers,
Tom
Old March 18th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mar 17, 6:58*pm, K7ITM wrote:
On Mar 15, 2:12*pm, JIMMIE wrote:

I have what appears to be a temperature stabilized oscillator made by
CTS knights inc Sandwich IL *Ithas an octal base appears to take two
crystals Part# 900-0196. This is about all I know about it. Any other
info would be appreciated.

Jimmie

You sure it's actually an oscillator? *I have some units that could be
like you describe that are just thermostat-controlled ovens for
crystals. *The oscillator is separate, for the ones I have. *Guess you
could find out mo check the resistance between each crystal-socket
pin and each of the octal base pins (and perhaps if two of the crystal
pins are in parallel, sharing a common ground or equivalent).

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Tom. You are correct. Leads from the crystal sockets go
directly to the octal connector.

Jimmie

HP-241 Oscillator 328X1 Swap 0 May 27th 09 05:52 AM
Have you seen this oscillator? Paul Burridge Homebrew 50 February 27th 04 12:27 PM
Have you seen this oscillator? Paul Burridge Homebrew 0 February 24th 04 10:37 AM
HW 7 marker oscillator Swells8044 Boatanchors 0 September 16th 03 01:16 AM
here's another oscillator problem. Alex Homebrew 6 July 19th 03 10:35 PM