Old June 20th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Coil forms, including National SW-3

I'd like to make a plug (pun) for a rather new 'home' vendor. Good guys
deserve a 'plug'

Western Sierra Radio.

He's making 4-5-6 pin coil forms at good prices and excellent quality.
I was a bit suspicious about the black XXX grade phenolic but I did some
testing and its good stuff. Even after soaking up some of my tropical
moisture I only see about 30 Megs DCR between pins. That's more than
adequate for the intended use and better than the XX grade which I have
been using for my own homebrew forms.

Since Jim Fred passed away these have been scarce out in the marketplace.

They are well-machined, the pins are good and tight and the gluing is
solid. I'd say they are a notch up in overall quality from Jim's forms.

Anyway, if you need plug-in coil forms here's the website:

http://www.westernsierraradio.com

(no affiliation, just a satisfied customer)

-Bill