Old April 4th 11, 08:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default hydrometer calculation

Des wrote in :
Hi I am trying to work out alcohol content. On my hydrometer at the 40
point it 6.5%. This means if it dropped to 1.000 then the alcohol
content would be 6.5%. Obviously it would not go that low. With wine
It does go below this value. I wanted to work out the alcohol content
for this but the Hydrometer does not display below 5%.

If the Starting value of the wine is 1.080 (12.8%) and it goes below
1.000 then the alcohol content would I asume be higher. Is there a
calculation that I could use. There are websites that can adjust
readings for temprature adjustment but not a SG to alcohol conversion.

Erm ...

Des, this group is for "homebrewing" of radio equipment (transmitters,
receivers, amplifiers, accessories), and has nothing to do with
fermentation or fermentation products.

--
.... from S-30 to ...

Now _there's_ a signal report you don't often enter in your log...

True... most of us are too busy running away from the electric arcs
and dodging the ball lightning :-) -- Dave Platt, in r.r.a.h

Old April 5th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Des, this group is for "homebrewing" of radio equipment (transmitters,
receivers, amplifiers, accessories), and has nothing to do with
fermentation or fermentation products.

You said it better (urp) then I could. Damn (urp) drunks! Now where'd I put
that straight key...

LC calculation exray[_4_] Homebrew 12 November 10th 08 08:58 PM
How to get -89.5 dBM in this IP3 calculation fl Homebrew 1 September 21st 07 07:26 AM
ring capacity calculation? lixiaoyao Antenna 0 August 1st 07 04:42 PM
loop inductance calculation? TRABEM Antenna 5 September 14th 05 08:20 AM
IP3 calculation and estimation Jason Antenna 5 February 16th 05 07:53 AM