Old October 11th 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Location: helensville new zealand
Default toyocom Xtal filters

Good day! Has anyone got any application information for the Toyocom
45E2B2 45 MHz 4 pole filter. It comes as 2x3 lead crystal cans.
Unfortunately it has been over 20 years since I started this reciever
project. (It was put to one side after a HEAP of sythesiser problems)
Of course I cannot now find any data on how the two crystal units are coupled
together.
What info I has gives a Zi/o of 4K Ohms and 0.8 pF but the only info on
coupling the 2 is an unexplained figure of 1pF?
That seems too small to me even at 45 MHz!
So what I need urgently is an clarification of the coupling required between
the 2 units.
Has any kind person got this info anywhere? Or does anyone have circuit
information on a receiver which used this filter? That would give me a lot of
clues.
73's Clifford Wright ZL1BDA ex G3NIA Helensville New Zealand.
Old October 11th 11, 10:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Oct 11, 8:15*am, clifford wright
wrote:
[...]

Hello.
Your filter is now a discontinued product and placed at
http://www.epsontoyocom.co.jp/englis...on_filter.html

As usual, negative capacitance mean tuned resonant tank, slightly
distuned from 45 MHz.
If you can not measure shape of passband characteristics, simply
ignore these -1 pF.

If you interested, can see on my upconv receievers at
http://www.cqham.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=9688

Old October 11th 11, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

As In/Out match with filters on UM5 crystals I use L-match (series L
and paraleal C near to quartz filter).

Older boards with similar filters:

http://www.cqham.ru/forum/attachment...9&d=1174486632

http://www.cqham.ru/forum/attachment...8&d=1174486657

http://www.cqham.ru/forum/attachment...9&d=1172829520
Old October 11th 11, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Location: helensville new zealand

genadiz wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

Thanks Genadiz.
I am an "old timer" and still trying to keep up with new technology at 71
years, after 60 years of electronics!!! A close inspection of your boards
appears to show that there is simply a low value preset capacitor from the
junction of the 2 Xtal units to ground. Is that correct?
I have tried the offset 45 MHz tuned circuit, but it is quite possible
that I had the LC ratio wrong. Perhaps I should aim for a ~4K Ohm
reactance? Unfortunately I don't read Cyrillic. My language skills are
mostly in French, German and Maori with a bit of Swedish and about 20
words of Russian. In any event the only real problem now is the coupling
of the 2 filter units as in your older designs. Matching to the input and
output of the filter is no great problem. 73's Cliff Wright
Old October 11th 11, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I'm point you to russian fourm for see pictures, not for reading.

In this (your) case, I propouse use at middle a tank with fixed
1...1.5 uH and 1..10 pF trimmer cap - align this circuit (at same time
align input and output of filter) until the shape of passband is good
enough.

Old October 11th 11, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

low value preset capacitor from the
junction of the 2 Xtal units to ground. Is that correct?

This case related only to my type of filters - in your case, you need
little L.
Old October 11th 11, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

clifford wright wrote:

Unfortunately I don't read Cyrillic. My language skills are
mostly in French, German and Maori with a bit of Swedish and about 20
words of Russian. 73's Cliff Wright

www.google.com, click More and then Translate. The rest is obvious. It
translates the russian website very well.

Regards,
Jan PE1SBG

Old October 11th 11, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Oct 11, 5:56*pm, "Jan Jongejan, PE1SBG"
wrote:
clifford wright wrote:
Unfortunately I don't read Cyrillic. My language skills are
mostly in French, German and Maori with a bit of Swedish and about 20
words of Russian. 73's Cliff Wright

www.google.com, click More and then Translate. The rest is obvious. It
translates the russian website very well.

Regards,
Jan PE1SBG

I'm check result of translation - the major part of semantics is
translated very good.

73!
Genadi UA1ARN
Old October 11th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Bolshoi Spasiba Genadiz!!!
You have even done some design work for me, for which I thank you.
I will go over your sites again as I now have access to a good translation
programme.
Vy 73's
*Clifford wright New Zealand.

Especially, I want to point you to new prototype - RX with codename
"Voronenok" = Crow child.
http://www.cqham.ru/forum/attachment...chmentid=93427
It is a simplified version of my old big boards - only 160*225 mm
size.
No NFM detector and simplified 1-st LO synthesizer.
Bay the way, in a synthesizer way i'm inspired by John Miles KE5FX.
Control program (for Atmega32/Atmega644 or AT91SAM7S64) also uploaded
to forum.

SBE SB-34 XTAL CAL Dale Parfitt[_2_] Boatanchors 0 October 20th 07 01:22 AM
More on matching -- Xtal filters this time Joel Kolstad Homebrew 8 November 3rd 06 06:07 AM
TS 520 Xtal [email protected] Swap 1 August 14th 04 05:28 AM
FS:KENWOOD FILTERS/YAESU FILTERS GPinOS Swap 0 April 4th 04 03:52 PM
100 Khz Xtal, Anyone need one? Rob Mills Boatanchors 0 November 15th 03 11:27 PM