Old October 28th 11, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default MC3362 FM Receiver

I'm using a Motorola MC3362 in a 2 meter receiver with good results.
However, I know there is a similar Motorola device that has a built in RF
amplifier. Does anyone have the part number please? I've done searches to no
avail.
Thanks. Howard. G3UPZ

Old October 31st 11, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I'm looking at my Motorola "Wireless Semiconductor Solutions (Device
Data - Vol. 1), 1998. When did Motorola spin off ON Semi? Some time
not long after that, I think. Anyway, in the selector guide on page
1.1-12, it lists the MC3362 as having typical 0.7uV sensitivity, and
the similar MC3363 as having an RF amplifier and 0.4uV sensitivity.
Both are listed as dual conversion parts. There are also some single
conversion parts listed, but they have poorer sensitivities. Looks
like you can find the data sheet for it several places on the web, but
where you find the part itself is another matter. Maybe they are
common at certain surplus dealers...

Cheers,
Tom

The sensitivities are at 12dB SINAD. Hope that helps. On Oct 28,