Old May 25th 14, 11:40 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default VFO

I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150, so there is
no need whatsoever for the tyro to rush and pay out his shekels
for a YaeTriIcom CB (Cheque Book) rig at £800+ (although many will in a
desperate
effort to prove that they are real radio amateurs without realising that
they are proving themselves to be the exact opposite)

Old May 25th 14, 12:10 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150,

So are you going to set us all an example by building and completing any or
all of these?

Old May 25th 14, 03:45 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 5/25/2014 7:10 AM, Generic wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150,

So are you going to set us all an example by building and completing any or
all of these?

He needs to learn which end of the soldering iron to hold first.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old May 25th 14, 03:54 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 25/05/2014 12:10, Generic wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150,

So are you going to set us all an example by building and completing any or
all of these?

I'm waiting to hear the 5.29MHz XO fired up. Join us for a CW QSO Mr.
Generic?

--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Old May 25th 14, 03:58 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150,

So are you going to set us all an example by building and completing
any or
all of these?

He needs to learn which end of the soldering iron to hold first.

When I was a college student doing year 1 basic workshop practice I used
to joke that you could tell the diploma students from the degree
students because they were the ones that knew which end of the soldering
iron to hold.

Hope you guys have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.

Old May 25th 14, 07:19 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 25 May 2014 11:40:30 +0100, "gareth"
wrote:

I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150, so there is
no need whatsoever for the tyro to rush and pay out his shekels
for a YaeTriIcom CB (Cheque Book) rig at £800+ (although many will in a
desperate
effort to prove that they are real radio amateurs without realising that
they are proving themselves to be the exact opposite)

Amazing Gareth..you dangle the hook and all the stupid minnows go into
a feeding frenzy.
Old May 25th 14, 07:37 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote:

I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150, so there is
no need whatsoever for the tyro to rush and pay out his shekels
for a YaeTriIcom CB (Cheque Book) rig at £800+ (although many will in a
desperate
effort to prove that they are real radio amateurs without realising that
they are proving themselves to be the exact opposite)

Amazing Gareth..you dangle the hook and all the stupid minnows go into
a feeding frenzy.

No bait at all; what I'm trying to do is to encourage the technical
tradition;
a tradition that seems to be lost on recent licensees to the extent that one
questions
whether they are real radio amateurs.

Old May 25th 14, 08:41 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"gareth" wrote in message
I wonder what others are building into their projects for a VFO
these days?

The PA0KLT from www.sdr-kits.net looks intriguing, and might
settle all arguments in favour of Vackar-Seiler or Franklin for some
years to come?

As does the Minisynth from cumbriadesigns.co.uk

Also, sdr-kits has a 40m SSB transceiver kit for under £150,

So are you going to set us all an example by building and completing any
or
all of these?

I'm waiting to hear the 5.29MHz XO fired up. Join us for a CW QSO Mr.
Generic?

I would probably need to press the Button first!

Old May 25th 14, 09:09 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote:

[...]

But you don't finish anything, even if you do indeed blow the dust of that
top shelf. You go and buy some parts at a local rally, then feel as if you
are raping the wife of the person who had the kit before you. Never finish
but lots of excuses all the way.

Old May 25th 14, 09:14 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 25 May 2014 21:09:14 +0100, Kraftee wrote:

But you don't finish anything, even if you do indeed blow the dust of
that
top shelf. You go and buy some parts at a local rally, then feel as if
you are raping the wife of the person who had the kit before you. Never
finish but lots of excuses all the way.

He finished his morse key - the contacts are faulty, but he... Oh,
wait... can a thing that doesn't work as intended be considered
"finished"?