Old July 2nd 03, 12:44 AM
G.Beat

Default Yet another powersupply question

Wes -

Here is the best place to start (for a linear power supply)

David Metz's WA0AUQ article
Regulated Power Supply Construction (Or what is inside your Astron)
http://www.seits.org/features/pwrsup.htm

Schematic:
http://www.seits.org/features/pwrsup.gif

I regularly see lightning strike supplies and "I do not know how to fix" on
eBay

Stock 4 components and you can fix 90% of them

LM723 regulator
25A bridge rectifier
2N3055 pass transistors
1N4007 diode

W9GB

wrote in message
I just picked up a IC-706MK2G and with it being 95 degrees outside the
thought of playing with it in the house rather than in the truck seems
like a fine plan. Sadly, I don't have a 20A 13.8v powersupply. Guess
I could buy one but it would seem that this would be a good homebrew
project.

I would love to learn about shoestring homebrew solutions. Cheaper
the better.

73, wes, kc8spr
--
Reply to: