Old July 13th 03, 06:38 AM
artie

Default MMIC's - MAR-3..

In article , Joel
wrote:

I'm looking for a source to buy MMIC's. Mostly looking for MAR-1's and
MAR-3's..

Digikey and Mouser don't seem to carry them. Any ideas?

Joel - AG4QC

They show up on eBay aperiodically -- currently I see some MAR-6 parts
available. Similar Agilent/HP parts also show up.

Old July 13th 03, 07:12 AM
John R. Strohm

Those are Mini-Circuits parts. The MAR-x series appears to have been
discontinued, but are still available as MAR-xSM (surface mount) parts.
You might look here http://www.minicircuits.com/dg03-168.pdf and see if any
of these will do what you want.

I think Mini-Circuits does small quantities with individuals.

et...

Old July 13th 03, 07:41 PM
Jim Pennell

Generally, the MAR-x series is being replaced by the GALI-x series
parts... Both by Mimicircuits, but the GALI parts are in a different
physical package.

MAR-x parts are sill being made, but you may have better luck looking for
the GALI-x.
The GALI parts usually go to higher frequencies. They also have better
heat transfer from the internal junctions to the external ground so they run
a little cooler and have more reliability.

MAR-x parts are sill being made, but you may have better luck looking for
the GALI-x.

Jim Pennell
N6BIU

Old July 15th 03, 04:11 AM
Steve Ratzlaff

Dan's Small Parts has the MAR-3--MAR-6 (these are indeed MiniCircuits
parts, not HP).
http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/
Steve AA7U

Old July 15th 03, 05:45 AM
Jim Pennell

Regarding MiniCircuits Vs HP and so on, the same chips are used by
several manufacturers in their own packages so you will see virtually the
identical part appear to be made by a couple of companies.

In this case, the MAR series equivalent is made by at least three
companies to my knowledge and MiniCircuits is one of them.

Jim Pennell
N6BIU