Old July 28th 03, 02:41 PM
Richard F. Gillette P.E., (W9PE)

Default Wireless Router EMI

I added a wireless router to my DSL modem, and I have 2 meter noise 10db
over s9.

Any one else have experience with wireless routers near radio
receivers? Any data base on EMI verses brand model?

I would make a guess that some models are better than others.

The 800 support line for my vendor was no help.

I have not ascertained if the EMI is coming out the units antenna, the
power cord or through the case. I an going to take a look at their FCC
filing data.

By the way the 2 wireless phones (digital) that I have are no problem,
but I may have lucked out with the correct brand!

RFG W9PE