RadioBanter

-   -   Remote Control signals over coax. (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/20899-remote-control-signals-over-coax.html)

Joel July 31st 03 01:01 AM

Remote Control signals over coax.

I have a DSS receiver that I run into a modulator and then can use the
Satellite all over the house as if it was cable. The problem is we need to
extend the IR from the remote control. We are now using some RF units from
RCA and while they worked well for a few years, over time they are drifting
off frequency. It seems to me it would make more sense to build some sort
of 'device' to send the IR signals over the coax and then pull it out at the
receiver end. Anyone have any suggestion or experience with building such an
animal?

Joel AG4QC