Old August 4th 03, 11:43 AM
Roy Lewallen

Default Connector advice

For years I've had a relay box in the back yard to remotely switch among
antennas. The plastic freezer boxes I used deteriorate in the sun and
have to be replaced from time to time. Last time I was at the surplus
store I picked up an ammo box which will be the new home for the relays.
I plan on using N connectors for the RF due to their weatherproof
construction. The problem is a connector for the relay control cable. I
want a weatherproof bulkhead connector with at least 8 or 9 conductors,
and I'd like the cable part to be weatherproof also. I don't want to use
an in-line connector because of the problems of weatherproofing and
strain relieving wires going through the box wall.

There are a bunch of old military connectors that would be fine, but I
need a set of complete ones, with back shell for the cable end, etc.
I've been keeping an eye on eBay, but so far haven't spotted anything
quite right.

Does anyone know a source for a suitable connector set?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL