Old August 9th 03, 07:02 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default HP 141T, 8552B, 8553B?

I just got this setup and the it seems to work OK except the that the
DISPLAY UNCAL lamp on the 8553B doesn't light when it should. Is this a
common failure that is an easy fix, any tips appreciated.
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Old August 9th 03, 10:10 PM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article , Henry Kolesnik says...

I just got this setup and the it seems to work OK except the that the
DISPLAY UNCAL lamp on the 8553B doesn't light when it should. Is this a
common failure that is an easy fix, any tips appreciated.

Silly question... Did you check the bulb? ;-)

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

Old August 9th 03, 10:57 PM
Henry Kolesnik

The bulb shows no continuity and my sorrily xeroxed manual is missing page
6-13 where I assume DS1 is listed. Can someone please tell me the lamp
specs and whether it screws in, plugs or solder.
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Old August 11th 03, 04:24 AM
Phil Rice

In a recent article, Henry Kolesnik wrote:

"I just got this setup and the it seems to work OK except the that the
DISPLAY UNCAL lamp on the 8553B doesn't light when it should."

I don't know why, but I just happen to have a 8553B manual on my desk.
The UNCAL light (according to the parts list) is 12V 0.06A. The wiring
to it comes from the Bandwidth & Scan width switches via the IF section
(which I don't have a manual for). It is very very complicated! (I lost
count of the number of manual pages it covered;-)

Ps: Wish I had the analyser, not just one of he manuals.

73 de Phil
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----