Old August 12th 03, 01:39 AM
Bill Young WD5HOH

Default zero to 100 dial plate?

Does anybody have or know where I can get a 0 to 100 metal dial plate
from a burned-out Variac or Powerstat for a few bucks. I can use it
for my next receiver project. Thanks. Bill Young WD5HOH
Old August 12th 03, 01:52 AM
Tweetldee

"Bill Young WD5HOH" wrote in message
om...
Does anybody have or know where I can get a 0 to 100 metal dial plate
from a burned-out Variac or Powerstat for a few bucks. I can use it
for my next receiver project. Thanks. Bill Young WD5HOH

http://www.fairradio.com/variac.htm has a few dial plates for Variacs, and
they're pretty cheap. You may have to call or email them for their latest
stock. I bought a few from them a couple months ago, and they were in new,
unused condition.
Cheers!!
--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Old August 12th 03, 01:39 PM
Dale Parfitt

Bill Young WD5HOH wrote:

Does anybody have or know where I can get a 0 to 100 metal dial plate
from a burned-out Variac or Powerstat for a few bucks. I can use it
for my next receiver project. Thanks. Bill Young WD5HOH

You can make your own in Photoshop and print on some of the clear films
that have adhesive on one side-as in
http://www.chartpak.com/kohinoor/2surfaces/index.html
or water slip decals like:
http://www.supercaldecals.com/water-slip-decals1.html

I have made complex freq dials using these techniques.

Dale W4OP

Old August 12th 03, 04:36 PM
David B. Thomas

Try taking one of those clear plastic phony CDs that comes in a
package of CDRs and use it as the dial. Print the scale on one of
those stick-on CD labels and you'll have a nice professional looking
dial.

David