Old August 31st 03, 09:04 AM
Richard

As Mr Strohm indicated, Ramsey Electronics is a good one. Go to
www.ramseyelectronics.com/ for a selection.
Richard West, KF6KE

Matt wrote:

What sort of kit can I get for 6th grade kids to interest them in
radio/electronics? And where could I get same inexpensively (so I don't go
broke if I got a bunch for a classful of kids)? Crystal radio? Something
else? Does anyone have experience/stories of doing something like this with
a group of kids?

Thanks for your time.

73,
Matt Thomas
KD7PPK

Old September 2nd 03, 01:14 AM
Michael Ardai

Richard wrote:

As Mr Strohm indicated, Ramsey Electronics is a good one. Go to
www.ramseyelectronics.com/ for a selection.
Richard West, KF6KE

Watch it - many of their kits (at least when I last built one a
few years ago) were marginal designs, sometimes illegal, and
used components of questionable quality. Two transmitters -
one enabled the PA before the PLL locked, so it swept noise
across the band, and one was a multiplier design with *no*
filtering so it splattered every 12 MHz up and down from 2M,
an amp with a long thin ground trace for the final, etc.

/mike

Old September 3rd 03, 07:29 AM
Harry - SM0VPO

http://www.kitsrus.com see K18v2
http://w1.859.telia.com/~u85920178/ see V5

6th grade is WAY too late to try to get them interested.

Disagree!

I did quite a bit with scouts, even the older scouts wanted to learn how to
build, just as a tool toward playing with their FM "bug". Anything that
stimulates interest is good.

BR H