Old September 3rd 03, 06:13 PM
Mike Silva

Default Why different rectifier diode voltage ratings?

Another question resulting from too much time on my hands. Why do we
have rectifier diodes (e.g. 1N4xxx, 1N54xx) with different voltage
ratings? Other than the voltage rating I don't see any differences on
the data sheets I've looked at. Why not just make and use 1kv diodes
alone?

73,
Mike, KK6GM