Old September 24th 03, 03:13 PM
Henry

I read the patent application meantime. But I must say there is not much
content in it. Especially nothing how to calculate dimensions, materials or
taken measurements.
My understanding is that it is a helix antenna supported with a ferrite
powder rod in the axis. And it is electrical much longer than the wavelength
used. Adaption to the "ether" field Z(0) with up to 4 stages of different
winding/mu(r) value materials. A magnetical antenna very similar to the
electrical Yagi antenna. "The antenna works up to 500MHz", he says. "Greater
frequency requires lower mu(r)."

Sorry, maybe it won't work at all. I'm not an antenna expert. Maybe the
author of the patent will directly respond here sometime?

What do you think?

- Henry

Arie de Muynck schrieb in Nachricht

"Henry" wrote
You made great interesting experiments!
The electrical field will suffer with a alumni foil, surely. Magnetics
will go thru.

You didn't do the experiment.

Regards,
Arie de Muynck

Old September 25th 03, 05:28 AM
gagir

When I read this thred, I remembered about an antenna that would not need a
ground plane, This enabled celphones 65% gain from amtenna looses to body
and surroundings.

It was a cylindircal helix, very short. I understood it to be an antenna
with differential emission, coaxial electrical feild perhaps.

gagir

Old September 25th 03, 07:59 PM
Arie de Muynck

"Henry" wrote ..
I read the patent application meantime. But I must say there is not much
content in it. Especially nothing how to calculate dimensions, materials

or
taken measurements.
My understanding is that it is a helix antenna supported with a ferrite
powder rod in the axis. And it is electrical much longer than the

wavelength
used. Adaption to the "ether" field Z(0) with up to 4 stages of different
winding/mu(r) value materials. A magnetical antenna very similar to the
electrical Yagi antenna. "The antenna works up to 500MHz", he says.

"Greater
frequency requires lower mu(r)."

Thanks, that at least makes some sense of the sales story.

Sorry, maybe it won't work at all. I'm not an antenna expert. Maybe the
author of the patent will directly respond here sometime?
What do you think?

I'm not an expert either, I just got triggered by the nonsensical "will work
even when cast in metal" thing. I've constructed enough RF electronics to
know when even a thin layer of copper (or aluminium) will shield EMC almost
perfectly (closed box aka Faraday cage).

I checked the Norwegian patent office but they cannot afford a decent free
publication site like the US has. Do you have a link to the patent or would
you care to send a copy to (a temporary address)?

Oh yeah.... do try the experiment and be amazed...

Regards,
Arie de Muynck