Old September 21st 03, 07:52 PM
Ashhar Farhan

Default Suggest a linear to boost 0.5 watts to 5 watt level.

continuing on my homebrew transciver, i have a linear chain (quite
like that of 144 mhz DSB transmitter by Hayward in Solid State Design)
delivering over 600 mW.

I was trying to push a pair of 2N3866 to delivering 1.5 watts each
(for a total of 3 watts). But the beasts refuse to cough out more that
1 watt in total. And get unstable above 600 mW.

I am looking for a way to boost the 600mW signal to something like at
least 6 watts, but not more than 10 watts.

I have considered the IRF series. I find that the transfer
characteristics of the IRF are more suited to CW rather than quality
linear operation. Has anyone any luck with the audio medium power
transistors that have high Ft Like BD137 etc?

Linearity is a must. I dont want to ask being excused for my
'homebrew' signal.

- farhan