Old September 22nd 03, 04:31 PM
Byron Tatum

Default W7EL Optimized Transceiver

Hello-
I have an unpopulated PC board from the Small Parts Center purchased in
1988 for the W7EL Optimized 40 Meter Transcvr.
I have some questions please :
1. As I understand it the OHR Sprint was a copy of this W7EL design,
can anyone verify that the PC boards were, in fact, the same?
2. Can anyone furnish me the complete building instructions for the
OHR Sprint?
Any other info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
Byron WA5THJ.

Old September 22nd 03, 07:48 PM
Roy Lewallen

I can answer the first question.

There were no boards included in the Optimized article, nor did I ever
design one. Since there was no original board, there is no board which
can be the same as the original. Any boards or commercial versions of
this rig were done by third parties without my participation, and often
with design modifications or component substitutions for the convenience
of the vendor.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old September 23rd 03, 04:19 PM
Reg Edwards

Roy a thought just crossed my mind. Is it possible to sue sombody for damage
to a reputation in such a situation?
---
Reg

Old September 24th 03, 02:02 AM
Roy Lewallen

Sure. In this country at least, you can sue anyone for anything. Winning
is another matter. Collecting is another yet.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL