Old September 28th 03, 06:57 AM
Ashhar Farhan

Default A PC sound card DSP shell, come and gettid

driven by a desire to play around with the DSP stuff in EMRFD, i wrote
a DSP shell similar to the one in the book for the PC sound card. The
book has examples for a DSP card called EZ-LITE which costs quite some
money (and it is not available in India, where I live).
A PC based DSP shell has the following benefits:

1) I have written this one for M$ Windoze (okay, okay, i know , i
know...) But most of us have Windoze on our systems. That makes the
shell more useful.

2) You can program and debug in C.
That means, you dont have to learn complexities of the DSP processors.
You can use floating points directly to do your work. Pentium comes
with a floating co-processor that is virutally idle all the time. Use
can use visual studio or borland c++ to write your dsp applications.

3) it doesnt cost money!
i will shortly host it on sourceforge.net (pending approval). in the
meantime, if you want to play with it, email me and i will send it in
source form as an visual studio project. You should be able to compile
it on your own.

- farhan