Old March 15th 15, 10:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

Default The journey or the destination?

In my book, the _REAL_ radio amateur is someone who relishes
a technical challenge and the route to solving it, an approach resulting
from an insatiable curiosity about how things work, in contrast to
the CBer-masquerading-as-a-radio amateur who is a non-technical
appliance operator.

Thus, it is the pursuit of a goal that is more rewarding than the goal
itself, and when one project is finished, apart from a short session
on the air to evaluate its efficacy, it is on to the next project. (In my
case, still keeping
a log book although no longer required to do so, I am only half way
through my second log book in 45 years of being licensed).

Some projects get to fruition quickly, for example my Chinese copy
of a Vibroplex, photos of which appeared in the GQRP SPRAT
magazine within a very few weeks of starting it, whereas others
may go on for years as the goalposts get shifted time and again!

Old March 15th 15, 11:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:49:05 +0000, gareth wrote:

Some projects get to fruition quickly, for example my Chinese copy of a
Vibroplex, photos of which appeared in the GQRP SPRAT magazine within a
very few weeks of starting it,

Can a key that, by your own admission, doesn't work properly be said to
have come to fruition? Also, you've Bean talking about making that key
for many years, OM.
Old March 15th 15, 11:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 15/03/15 10:49, gareth wrote:
[...]

========================
Gareth , What is the purpose of this eternal repeat , repeat ,repeat.
May I suggest you "clear your internal memory"

frank , GM0CSZ / KN6WH
Old March 15th 15, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

highlandham wrote:
On 15/03/15 10:49, gareth wrote:
[...]

Attention-seeking.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old March 15th 15, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

"gareth" wrote:
In my book,

The £350 book?

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Old March 15th 15, 11:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 15/03/15 10:49, gareth wrote:
I am only half way
through my second log book in 45 years of being licensed).

Because no one wants to QSO with you once they realise who you are, you
malicious old fool.

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::
Old March 15th 15, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 15/03/15 10:49, gareth wrote:

I am only half way through my second log book in 45 years of being licensed).

Is that because you've spent so much of the last 20+ years polluting
Usenet with your special blend of arrogance, ignorance and idiocy, Gareth?

Old March 15th 15, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

"highlandham" wrote in message
On 15/03/15 10:49, gareth wrote:
[...]

It is very necessary to address the eternal CBisation, CBisation, CBisation
lest the powers-that-be see only the CB side of things and restrict
our design and construction privileges. AIUI, there are already countries
where only commercial rigs may be used.

The other probelm is that the floodgates have been opened and there
are large numbers of those (perhaps those who say such things as, "this
eternal repeat , repeat ,repeat"?)
who really are CBers-masquerading-as-radio-amateurs and object emotionally
that they had been deceived into thinking that they were somehow _REAL_
radio amateurs.

I suggest that you put me into your killfile if you dislike my attempts to
maintain the technical and gentlemanly traditions of _REAL_ amateur radio.

Old March 15th 15, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 15/03/15 10:49, gareth wrote:
[...]

Alas whilst I'm in full agreement with Garet regarding standards and
decency there are those (and yes they are visible in this thread) who
claim technically superiority and yet show themselves up to be the
buffoons that they are by lowering the standards of behavior they
claim to maintain.

“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a
people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as
paradise.”
Adolf Hitler