Old October 27th 03, 04:25 PM
clc

Default connecting two old PC supplies for more current

I need around 20amps to run my mobile HF rig in the house. I have lots
of old PC switching power supplies that put out 8 - 10 amp @ 12v
without any problem.
Im wondering if anyone has ever had any luck connecting two or more
in parallel
to increase current ? Ive thought of adding a stud mount diode in the
positive
leads to isolate them and connect the commomn or neg togather. I can
raise the voltage to makeup for the .6 volt drop without any problem.
Not having alot of switching supply experience, Im wonder if this
will work or
just go up in smoke?