Old October 28th 03, 11:52 PM
uk-hamman

Default prventing switches melting ???

Hi there .
I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can stop
sub miniature toggle switches from melting , with the heat
that is produced , during the curing and setting process of
me using potting compound ,

I don't mean physically melting , but I suppose it heats up
and distorts , and makes the switch very stiff to operate
until eventually it is useless .

I have thought of wrapping it with self-algmating tape
before I put the resin in the box .

any suggestion , welcome ??

de Paul

Old October 29th 03, 08:12 AM
Gregg

I have had that too :-(

I have to agree with the Dr...... use a different switch.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Old October 29th 03, 08:10 PM
Jim_not_from_nigeria_!

Try using some foam tape over the switch assembly before applying the
pot compound.

Another solution is to use a cold compound instead of heat generating
pot compound.

Old October 30th 03, 06:11 PM
Deos

OMG
please use bigger switches!!!!

--
http://www.qsl.net/sv1hao
"uk-hamman" wrote in message
Hi there .
I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can stop
sub miniature toggle switches from melting , with the heat
that is produced , during the curing and setting process of
me using potting compound ,

I don't mean physically melting , but I suppose it heats up
and distorts , and makes the switch very stiff to operate
until eventually it is useless .

I have thought of wrapping it with self-algmating tape
before I put the resin in the box .

any suggestion , welcome ??

de Paul

WTD: SQUARE-D LIMIT SWITCHES dt Equipment 0 October 8th 04 04:42 PM
Dipole keeps melting? Andy Antenna 10 May 12th 04 08:07 PM
pin diode attenuators and switches Active8 Homebrew 0 July 13th 03 11:27 AM